Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
thepoolgod
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 Linking Contacts together

no in the contact on the Z10 itself.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ian8206
My Carrier: Fido

I'm having the same issue myself. It would be good to know if you find anything, I'll post any news I find.

Please use plain text.
Product Manager (Retired)
adawar

Yes- you are likely not waiting long enough after hitting SAVE on the contact, wait a few seconds to ensure you see the actually "Links" tab get updated with the new number. Then leave the Contact and move onto the next (or whatever else you were doing).

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thepoolgod

I have tried that and i am still having the issue! but i have determinded it has something to do with the contacts that were moved over from my old 9700 i have found by deleting them completely and reentering them the issue seems to be disappearing but i havent spent any time at it recently. i believe this is the problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ian8206
My Carrier: Fido

Hey pool, I managed to find a fix. I kept getting battery pull suggestions and allowing more time to save sort of ideas, but that's not the problem. This is what I had to do.

I had to go to my contacts and stop having contacts from my SIM card be displayed. You do that buy swiping from the top > settings and turn SIM Card Contacts to off. Then in that same screen go to the bottom and do import contacts from SIM. This saves those contacts to the device, so all your contacts are saved on the same hard drive.

I thought just keeping the SIM card in there and linking them would do the trick at first. Not the case, since whenever you restart the phone, I guess the device re recognizes the sim card, and so the contacts will unlink and SIM contacts will be displayed under a separate portrait than those saved on the device. Let me know if this works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thepoolgod

Now that is the most promising idea yet!

I will try that this today!

Thanks For the information!!!!!!!

Fred

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have several linked contacts through Outlook, Gmail, local and sim. I have spent several hours linking them only to find them unlinked the next time I open Contacts.

This is clearly a bug.
Please use plain text.