Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

lalingo
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: telus

Z10 battery

I haven't even thought of using my Z10 for work
It just won't last on my second battery...have all the updates... i am at my whit
s end... don't even listen to music while out walling... i seriously hope BlackBerry is going to a dress this as I have heard may of the same complaints.... if there are any other tricks me know! I always have been a BlackBerry user... but my apple friends are laughing :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Z10 battery

[ Edited ]

There are some tweaks you can make that will help.  You can turn down the screen brightness in the settings, and also turn off any radios you are not currently using.  For example many people don't use NFC much so why have that even on?  Plus you can turn off the wifi radio when not in wifi areas.  Also if you are only going to make calls, set the cell radio to 2G.  (that turns off LTE)   Also get some extra power cords, in particular the playbook cord, and keep then in convient places.  I have 1 in my bed room, 1 in the living room, and 1 at my desk at work!

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-premium-micro-usb-18a-charger/5AA8102.htm

EDIT:   Just noticed you are a Canadian, so this link is to the CB Canadian store.....

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-premium-high-capacity-wall-charger-2x-faster-charging-18a/5AA110...

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
rsarmentopeixoto
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vivo

What is your OS version? Settgins(App) > About > Category OS
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrlooi003
My Carrier: maxis

I having Z10 battery issue, after I update the OS 10.0.10.82 - STL100-1, my Z10 battery drain very fast. 

It just only can standby for 7-8 hours only and need to charge again. Even I also turn off the location services, adjust the display brightness and manual active sync. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same issues here.  The battery lasts 4 hours at best, 90 minutes with heavy use.  45 minutes if I'm using the camera.  Worse, every hour of standby drains about 20% of the battery ( I unplugged my phone at 9am and put it on the table without using it at all.  Now at 11:15, it's at 59%. Every second or third time I charge the phone, it stops charging for no reason (i.e. the phone hasn't been touched or "jiggled" and the battery is at ~40% after "charging" all night...)  I am using OEM charger HDW-24481-001 (although the phone says this is not the OEM charger....)  I included part number in case somewhere there is a charger substitution in the supply chain that causes this.   Based on the labels on the supplied charger, this may not be the right charger for a Z10, it's got a 750 mA max when I thought this was a 1700 mA battery..... (this came in the box with the Z10)

Also, I am starting to wonder if the charging port is less sturdy than required for a phone that needs this much charging.  Mine often doesn't charge when plugged in, and wiggling the plug to angle down or up sometimes seems to help get the charging icon to come on.  Of course, the missing feature of showing some kind of LED when charging is a drag - you have to activate the screen to see if it's charging and just that can cause enough movement to stop the charging.   Obviously, this charging part gets far more use than the old blackberries, my old one I charged daily, this one, I plug in every chance I get, even if I just have 3 minutes, so it gets plugged in at least 20x per day, which it just may not be designed for (i.e. my 60 day old Z10 has been promisuously plugged into the charging port about 1200 times, which is about 3.5 years of my old BB being plugged in)....

Also, when charging, the charger doesn't supply enough power to actually charge the phone and allow it to be used.   I was on a flight yesterday and while powered off, the battery drained from 11% to 3% over 1.5 hours of THE POWER BEING OFF!!! (or does the restart consume 7% of the battery - that's an awful thought too...)  Then, when at a charging station with battery charging, the battery went to 0% while I was trying to check email.  This means that the charger really isn't doing its job, or the phone from a basic hardware/firmware perspective has some serious unresolved power management issues, since while on external power, the battery continues to lose power instead of gain a charge.

The real problem is that the phone takes about 8 hours+ to charge.  It discharges in 45 minutes to 4 hours. That means that there is no way to get through a day without multiple spares and some external charging mechanism for surplus batteries.... 

Is this gonna get fixed, or should I just give up now and stop the daily OS 10 aggravation???  I like Blackberry, and really don't want to learn Android, and I hate Apple, but this doesn't work. It's really not fair to your customers, Blackberry.  I don't see a whole lot of happy voices on this forum, and we are the people who want to see you succeed.  What are you doing for me to earn my continued loyalty???

Z10,

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf

Oh, and just in case it matters, the build is 10.1.0.2006, but this really can't matter that much.  The last upgrade gave me ~15% better battery life. I really need 100-200% better for this to match other phones....

Please use plain text.
rsarmentopeixoto

How often do you unlock your device? Is the NFC turned on all the time? How about Wifi?

Best regards,
Rodrigo Peixoto
Please use plain text.
rsarmentopeixoto

This blog post is what you need:

- http://crackberry.com/ten-tips-and-tricks-extend-your-blackberry-z10-battery-life

Enjoy. If you need help, we are here.

Best regards,

Rodrigo Peixoto

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fschutrumpf wrote:

The real problem is that the phone takes about 8 hours+ to charge.  It discharges in 45 minutes to 4 hours. That means that there is no way to get through a day without multiple spares and some external charging mechanism for surplus batteries....

If your Z10 is discharging under moderate use in 4 hours and taking 8 hours to charge to 100%, you have other issues greater than all the other mentioned.

I am certain of that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf

I unlock my device about 10 - 12 times an hour (it locks every 20 minutes, so typically it's unlocked but the screen is off. I.e. I spend 30-60 seconds looking at my device every 5 or 6 minutes.

Wifi and Bluetooth are typically off.  NFC is off all the time.

Please use plain text.