Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
DueNorth
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 can't send email with ActiveSync from work Outlook webmail

[ Edited ]

First off, love my Z10. It was able to connect to my work's Outlook webmail with no problem. I am able to get calendar and work emails.

HOWEVER, I can't seem to be able to send email through my work account. When sending an email, I keep getting this red wrong way icon with the message:

Message Status: Acknowledgement for send was not received from Server.

What's wrong?

I checked through my Outlook web account and it shows my phone within Mobile Phone Details:

Access state: Access Granted
Policy applied: Default - Applied in full
ActiveSync version: 14.0

Is there something I need to ask my IT staff for?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HotFix
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Re: Z10 can't send email with ActiveSync from work Outlook webmail

DueNorth wrote:

First off, love my Z10. It was able to connect to my work's Outlook webmail with no problem. I am able to get calendar and work emails.

HOWEVER, I can't seem to be able to send email through my work account. When sending an email, I keep getting this red wrong way icon with the message:

Message Status: Acknowledgement for send was not received from Server.

What's wrong?

I checked through my Outlook web account and it shows my phone within Mobile Phone Details:

Access state: Access Granted
Policy applied: Default - Applied in full
ActiveSync version: 14.0

Is there something I need to ask my IT staff for?

Thanks.

It appears as if your email is running on Exchange 2010, and if so then you can troubleshoot this issue yourself to see if your phone is even talking to your ActiveSync server when it is trying to send the emails. If something doesn't jump out at you during this process, this information should help your IT folks in troubleshooting the effort.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mstehle/archive/2013/04/29/howto-visual-guide-to-turn-on-exchange-activesync...

You can also test the full functionality of ActiveSync on your account by using Microsoft's following testing tool, which should point out any major issues:

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

In regards to your question about what to ask your IT staff for, as an Exchange engineer myself I don't think there is anything on the server side that would let you connect and download email but not send it. So I would want to see the logs mentioned above to see what was going on with the device to server connectivity, in conjunction to the error message you already grabbed.

There are some random "fixes" on the Internet such as this one which would be a server side configuration change, but again the more information you can supply your IT folks the better:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/bb10-exchange-activesync-issue-775934/

Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth

Hi HotFix,

Thank you for showing me what the log does.

I was able to play around with it more and here is more information on the issue:

- I can send out email directly to a person. These emails will show up on the log.

- I can't reply back to "some" emails that I receive. Those emails don't get logged at all. If the email is from me or any non-work email account from anyone, I can reply to those with no issues.

- Weird thing is that I can reply to non-work emails and to myself (work email). Forwarding the email doesn't work (I thought I could use it as a workaround).

I have Sync email, contacts, tasks, memos on. Use VPN is off. In advanced settings, Use SSL and Push are both enabled. Use VPN is off also. I don't see anywhere else I can change this setting.

Any other suggestions? I don't think my IT guys can do anything since the phone is mine and Exchange is not getting anything from me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HotFix

The fact that you can send emails for some and not others is indeed odd. Is there anything common about the ones you can't respond to such as they are all digitially signed or something like that? Also when you look at the properties of the contact you are responding to, while in the compose message window, does anything look odd like how their email address is formatted?

For what it's worth someone else on the CrackBerry forums had a similar issue and the posted their fix:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/bb10-exchange-activesync-issue-775934/

As an Exchange admin I can't understand why client certificates would cause an issue for some messages and not others, but stranger things have happened.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. You might need to open a ticket with BlackBerry so they can troubleshoot the issue further.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth

Hi HotFix,

I got more information regarding the situation and it looks like it would be something BlackBerry would need to fix. Take a look at my post here:

Support Msg

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HotFix

DueNorth wrote:

Hi HotFix,

I got more information regarding the situation and it looks like it would be something BlackBerry would need to fix. Take a look at my post here:

Support Msg

I won't argue that BlackBerry shouldn't add the same type of device rechecking you mention in your other post, but the issue could be with how you have configured your load balancer. We have F5 LTMs here and have no issue, but then again we have a BES 10 server in the mix so it could be providing a work around to the issue you see.

Sorry I don't have a non-BES linked load balanced Exchange enviornment to confirm or deny if it is happening to us.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth

I don't have the network diagram to see how it is configuratured, but given that it "just works" with Apple and Android devices, it is hard to justifying the configuration change just for us (newer BB users) for ActiveSync. I believe the older BB users have no issues going to the BES server (using company given phones). 

We aren't using BES 10 yet (need to get the new hardware). However if the packets are being sent the way they are, it wouldn't reach the BES server behind the loadbalancer.

This pretty much mean there won't be any new "corporate" BlackBerry BB10 device in the pipeline for us. I am living with just receiving corporate emails... and running to my computer to reply (if needed). :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jreandres
My Device: z30
My Carrier: bell

I cant send emial with attachment using my z30, it is intermittent sometime it sends oftentimes not.

we have BES10 10.2.1 b25, i have a z30 with the latest version of OS 10.2.1.2941.

When i send with attachments, it takes time and fails showing a red circle with a white bar in the midle

Please assist if someone has encounterd this issue.

Thanks

Please use plain text.