Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Ginge9570
My Device: HTC One 801n.
My Carrier: Three (3)

Z10 draining battery issue

Well so far so good till the last BB update now after its been on charge all night come 8am I remove the charger. By 11.30 am its nearly flat and hardly been used. It used to last all day?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 draining battery issue

It could just be a software issue so always start with a battery pull. Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Let us know if that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

I am also having some serious problems with Z10 battery life as it dies after less than 12 hours of regular usage - messaging, some headphone music, some browsing.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

DO NOT follow the advice about removing your battery while the phone is powered.  This doesn't help.  Whatever level your battery was at when you pulled it, that's the new max for your battery.  I was instructed to do this and the battery often but not always thinks it tops at 15%. That's about 15 minutes of life.  The Z10 is bad enough with a 3 hour battery, don't make it worse by following this advice....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AnitaDas
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Unlocked

Is there any option in BB10 to re-calibrate the battery. Like it's done in Android ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ginge9570

I've got rid of the phone. Using a new HTC One 801n brilliant phone great battery life. More apps etc makes 10 of the Z10. Been a blackberry user from day one. Not sure why blackberry make devices and the app market dries up or they stop support on them. Like the playbook. They wonder why there a sinking ship. If they spent more time looking at forums before launching devices. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ginge9570

BlackBerry have lost me as a customer and many others. Paying £479 for a SIM free phone to find out all the basic apps like whatsapp Skype and lots of others where not available for months after was very disappointing. I can also see apple going down the same path very soon. That's another dead fish in the water. iToaster iKettle coming soon.  BlackBerry who?  I'm not sure even if blackberry was to have 2 million apps and sent me a free phone I would ever come back to them. I've always bought there top phones but now it's time to run. 

Please use plain text.