Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
apbak11
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

camera won't start on z10

i keep on getting "the camera can't be started" message on a z10 which is 1 day old. all other apps are closed. any help much appreciated!! thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: camera won't start on z10

Have you restarted the device? Remove the battery and try again. If that still doesn't work I would return it to where you purchased it and get an exchange.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apbak11

yup tried that. still not happening. i initially get "camera is in use" then i get "camera won't start". thanks anyway. i think bberry are gonna finally lose another faithful user :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Why? I have been on this board daily since launch and you're the first person with a Z10 I've seen report any issue with the camera. Just take it back and get another one. If you do that and there's still an issue, I'd understand you not wanting to stay. My camera has worked flawlessly since day one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apbak11

well i went and exchanged the phone, camera works fine now so thanks for that. only bbm won't let me setup as it says "temporary server error" everytime i launch the app... 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Do you have a BlackBerry logo in the top right corner near your signal strength bars?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

As reported in another thread:

If your camera won't start and you have a SD card installed, try removing the SD card. If the camera works without the SD card in place, you probably need to format the SD card. Back everything up on it, then format it while in the Z10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadher
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ETISALAT UAE

I have same problem "The camera can't be started " I have removed the new SD card and have done security wipes free time. But with no luck. I have tried everything possible. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I would get the device replaced as the camera module is likely defective.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadher
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ETISALAT UAE

Already ETISALAT took the mobile and will replace it with new one in 3 to 5 working days

Please use plain text.