Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
blackEmu
My Carrier: orange

help bb enterpise and device switch to z10

hi , i currently have a bold supplied via work!, i have deviced switch before to a torch 9800 no issue and the internet and e-mail followed it, 

however if i device switch using bb link all i transfer is the photos etc and contacts, how to i transfer the other settings hidden in the depths of my bb by the usless admin team?

the internet doesnt work, as this works via the exchange so i need the settings to transfer too!

i could prob enter the server address manually to set up exchange but how would i go about sorting the internet out?

could anyone help me, asking the IT dept is a no go it would take 3 years for them to do it because there useless.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

Re: help bb enterpise and device switch to z10

help please anyone!?!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret

Hey blackEmu,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to migrate your data over from the BlackBerry Torch 9800: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33322

Also is the BlackBerry Z10 currently enterprise activated?  Go under Settings>Accounts and if your email account says Work then it is.

If not, you may need to check with your IT admin to get a password for enterprise activation.  Also make sure they are running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

Thanks for the help so far,

I have some configuration settings sent from it dept for email but when I enter the sim into the new device the Internet does not work so I can't use email.

How do I set this us or does it sound like I'm on a bis plan and this don't work on bb10?? As my other sim with data package works great!

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

Oh yeah sorry just to add I have the work account so I believe enterprise is activated although if I click it it asks for password for setup and user I'd
Please use plain text.
ViciousFerret

Hey blackEmu,

Thanks for the reply.

You are definitely enterprise activated which is good, if you can not send emails out I would suggest checking with your network service provider to make sure you are setup with BlackBerry 10 Advanced.

Also if the signal is showing in lower case, this would mean you only have voice only services.

Other than that, it sounds like just a network issue and you have all the services pushed down from your IT admin since your enterprise activated.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

Thanks, in the top corner it says 3g? But says network fail when I open the browser. I could try and set up email through wifi but I want to get internet and data working first is it defiantly the carrier issue who need to send setting to the phone? I only ask as the customer service people aren't very bright

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

Just to add to this saga I can alter apn settings and put them in for EE I rang EE who say my data plan is fine but I just can't access the Internet still :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
ViciousFerret

Hey blackEmu,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would suggest contacting your network service provider to fix this network issue.  Once you start getting 3G or H+ in upper case, the data will start coming through and you'll be able to send and receive emails.

Let me know if anything else comes up.

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blackEmu

hi,

if i type APN settings as blackberry.net then it the top right hand corner displays upper case and H+ but internet still does not function.

if i use "everywhere" eesucure and pw secure (EE settings) i get nothing,

is this because i am on an e-mail and browser only data plan with work which isnt compatable with bb10?

this is hopeless, i am sending the bb back today i give up.

Please use plain text.