Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

lisaYYC
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

"Delete" to right of cursor when typing on Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

The "delete" (erase characters to the right of the cursor) function on is gone from the Z10 - there is only a "backspace" now for text editing.  There was a shift-backspace option on the older keyboards that worked like the delete key on the computer keyboard.

Will this be added back?  It was very helpful for quick typing without having to leave the keyboard to select, erase, and re-type or try to position the cursor between letters/at the start of a line, and would be especially useful for those of us new to touchsreeen typing... Or, does anyone know how to do this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: "Delete" to right of cursor when typing on Blackberry Z10

Now you place your cursor to the right of what needs to be deleted (by touching there with your finger) then you either hit the "X" beside the M to delete single characters or you swipe from right to left on your keyboard to delete entire words at a time.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Bill

are you on the Z10?  I just tried it and none of what you described works in the Remember app or text message.  Hitting X types X, and swiping right to left makes the window jiggle a bit...

Text deletion is super painful on this device....  But I guess we all get to live Blackberry's growing pains

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ok Upon trying harder, I got those things to work. I also got delete to work like old blackberries with SHift + backspace (this is new in 10.1)
Please use plain text.