Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

"Groups" field missing in OS10 Contacts

[ Edited ]

I and many other Z10 users need this issue escalated or fast tracked to BlackBerry support. As mentioned by me previously as well as by many others throughout these and other BlackBerry specific forums, the "Groups" field or ("Categories" in Outlook) has been included in Pre OS10 BlackBerry devices since as far back as I can remember.

Please tell me that somebody at BlackBerry support has been made aware of the importance for this field, and how a field such as this has helped BlackBerry stay ahead, especially for sales, tech support, engineering, other professionals !! Take note that not only is the field missing in OS10, but whenever you access or edit a contact file on a Z10, the action actually pulls the contact out from its respective Category field in MS Outlook. This is definitely a bug in my books..Furthermore, if the Z10/Q10 are to remain business friendly devices, stay ahead of the competition, then important features such as this cannot be omitted. 

Respectfully,

6 year BB client

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dstrocen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: "Groups" field missing in OS10 Contacts

Just downloaded the update 10.1.0.273 and it seems this feature has still not been added.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G
My Carrier: AT&T

Just read your post dstrocen...you know it's really starting to frustrate me at how long it taking to get at least some sort of acknowledgment from someone over at BlackBerry that this bug exists !! Are we the only 2 BlackBerry users that have noticed this, based on what I've read we are not. You think that one of their CS or TS representatives would at the very least take the initiative to provide some sort of workaround or point us to some third party solution, unfortunately NOT YET !! Sorry if I'm coming across as negative, I'm just simply disappointed and very few are listening.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsm451
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I believe the people in charge at Blackberry simply told the programmers to copy the iPhone os.  Apple phones and tablets don't have categories, and they're successful.  So Iet's eliminate a standard feature of our products so we can be successful too.  How's that working out for you Blackberry?  

This is the most ridiculous feature to not have on a business tool.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vacchus
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: VODAFONE + COSMOTE

Couldn't agree more.

Since I came to BB from mobiles with software non having the field 'group', I have been using a 4 character coded name before the surname and I am living with it since. But furthermore when talking about business phones incapable of searching all contacts fields for info is far worse. Information is lost because I cannot remember of course where I have put it. Digital era is supposed to give you solutions your mind can not.

Please use plain text.