Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
elhakeem
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

speed dial on Z10

I have added few names on the speed dial by tap the star icon. I cannot tell where is the list of the speed dials I assigned; the help menu on BB says that the list will appear at the top of the screen, but I do not see it and there is no indication next to the names I assigned speed dial to...

I am new to BB Z10 and would appreciate any help

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: speed dial on Z10

Tapping on the star icon doesn't add a contact to your speed dial list, it only makes that contact a Favorite.  The next step is to click on that contact (and the rest of this is from memory because I don't have access to my phone presently) then press the menu dots in the lower right corner of that contact's info.  From there you can add them to your speed dial list, which will place them at the top of your contacts' list.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elhakeem

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have the phone in front of me and when I tap the contact name, I see that there is a star next to the name. When I tap the 3 vertical dots oat the bottom right corner, I get "edit", "add as favorite", "links", "invite to meeting" and "share contact"... There is no speed dial option.... the last item is delete !! is speed dial something I have to set up ?

Thank you once again 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-

Speed dials will be on your Calls tab in the Phone app.  You can add the first two by pressing one of the Add Number boxes next to the voicemail icon.  This will take you to the contact list where you can select the person/number you want to add. 

Once these have been added you can add additional numbers to your speed dial in one of two ways.  First is to go to the Contacts section of the Phone app and tap on the person you want to add.  Then long press on the number and select the * from the side menu.  The other way is by long pressing on a number in call log.  Then press the * in the side menu

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elhakeem

:Clap: thank you very much. I know now how to do it. The info on the help menu was not very clear.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rahulchawla
My Carrier: airtel

Besides the two numbers in the calls tab, can we add any more there? the remaining seem to be added as favorites in the contacts but are not visible as speed dial in the calls screen
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-

rahulchawla wrote:
Besides the two numbers in the calls tab, can we add any more there? the remaining seem to be added as favorites in the contacts but are not visible as speed dial in the calls screen

Instructions for how to add more are further up in this thread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ekung21
My Carrier: Rogers/Fido

speed dial, go to your phone icon, open up the keypad and hold down which key you want to assign

Please use plain text.