Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,904
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: z10 blackberry messenger quit

Yes, I know of a few users who have resolved it. Try do a battery pull on the Z10 and setup BBM again.

If no good, call your mobile provider and get this issues escalated up to BlackBerry tech support, the more they hear it is not resolved, the more attention the ongoing issue will get.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dkobylak
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sasktel

Still no change. Is this not an official blackberry forum?? Why has blackberry not posted anything on this yet. I will wait one more hour for an official response from blackberry before going public with blackberrys server being down again. Im sure they do not want another public upset in the midst of rebuilding the company.

Does any one have a better fix than completing a battery pull or checking to ensure i have the correct bbid ????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Waynethepain
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Turning on and off the airport just worked for me. Wish I tried that before restoring my phone without a back up I know what was I thinking. I have a backup from my curve that I traded in any ideas how to access a bbb file for a phone I don't have anymore. I hope the airport thing works for you it has been a very disappointing 29 hours.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Hello,

Are you still having the issue with BBM showing the  "temporary server error"? Do you now see your BlackBerry Messenger Contacts? I was having this issue and my Contacts disappeared. I had to use my BBOS device (Old BlackBerry) Backup file that I had which was created when I had BBM6 and my 9900 BlackBerry. I found this KB below which fixed my BBM issue:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33259&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philryan
My Carrier: telus

I am still at a Loss. I can see my bbm contacts, and even see that they are sending me incoming messages, but as soon as I click a conversation, it tries to associate bbm to my BBID and always fails with a "Temporary Server Error". BBM has Been working well for the last two weeks but,crashed suddenly on Friday after I updated BlackBerry World.

I am logged in to my BBID under settings, and BBWORLD is functioning fine.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

philryan wrote:

I am logged in to my BBID under settings, and BBWORLD is functioning fine.

Have you performed a powered on, battery pull reboot? When opening BBM, click on the setup for BBM to "Continue" and complete the setup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philryan
My Carrier: telus

I did a battery pull/setup BBM about 10 times during the day yesterday, and it eventually worked suddenly last night. Perhaps there were server errors that BB got fixed up ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders

philryan wrote:

Perhaps there were server errors that BB got fixed up ?

Yes, there were, glad you're back up and running.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.