Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Lag vs Freezing

Hey Annu thanks for taking the time to look over these posts from the community.

I currently use a 9810 after upgrading from the 9800 and I've noticed one dramatic change in how the phone functions that I personally prefer.

The 9800 had issues with lag and it would, of course, be very frustrating. You tried to do something and it would be slow to respond, the spinning clock would appear and so on. It seems with the 9810, when it's running a lot of apps; etc, and the phone is running low on memory (or whatever the technical term is) instead of lagging or slowing down, like what the 9800 would do, the 9810 will get the spinning clock, freeze up for a second or two and continue to function just as smoothly as before.

I wonder if this was something that was purposely done and planned in OS7 as a way of removing lag or if just something accidental that happened with how the new phones function.

Thanks!
@AgentBlackBerry / @BlackBerryOS
Retired
My Device: Z10

Re: Lag vs Freezing

Hi!

Torch 9800 was my phone of choice for a long time :smileyhappy: I am really happy with 9810 too.

It's hard to comment on your specific experience, except to say that probably the clock appears in 9810 for a brief glimpse and then disappears because the phone has so much more horsepower than the 9800. What took the 9800 two seconds to do, the 9810 can do in much less time (resulting in much less lag/freezing). Of course, there were lots of improvements to performance in OS7 including Liquid Graphics so likely that’s contributing to your improved experience too.

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Lag vs Freezing

Thanks for replying! That does make a lot of sense. I know my post was somewhat vague so I appreciate the input :smileyhappy:
@AgentBlackBerry / @BlackBerryOS