Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Retired
adawar
My Device: Z10

Let's roll! .. first question on Documents To Go

[ Edited ]

Hi Team BlackBerry! Welcome to the second Community Insider Event. My name is Annu Dawar and I’m here all day to answer all of your support questions regarding BlackBerry 7 OS. Please ask away!

Alex kicked off his Insider Event with a common question, so I figured I should do the same thing and try to one up him.

Question: BlackBerry 7 includes Documents To Go Premium version, but what exactly is the difference between the Premium and Free versions of this app?

Answer: In OS5 and OS6, we included the free version of Documents To Go, but in BlackBerry 7 we bumped it up and threw in the premium version…..FOR FREE! The big difference between the premium version and the free version is that you get a Adobe PDF reader, the ability to actually create Word/Excel/PowerPoint files on your handheld along with more powerful editting features. For a full list, look here: http://download.dataviz.com/pdf/brochures/documentstogo_bb_en.pdf.

I hope you are getting the most out of Documents To Go on your BB7 smartphone, I am!

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Let's roll! .. first question on Documents To Go

That was a nice improvement with OS7, often overlooked. In the past one had to purchase a third party app for viewing PDF documents stored on the Media Card.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

I love the fact that I can create a full powerpoint presentation on my BlackBerry Bold 9930. Great when I'm on the go, or need to prepare last minute. I just create slides. When I'm giving a talk or in a meeting where am leading the conversation, I launch the presentation view and flip through the slides easily using my finger to reference content. The touch screen display and performance is fantastic!

This is definitely a killer-feature available to people out of the box. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Too bad the newer docs from a mac wont open on OS 7 if using BES 4.1. OS 6 and lower will open them with out issue. You can save the attachment and then open it as a work around though, but some users think this is terrible.

Yes we can upgrade to BES 5, but it is not an option for everyone just for this issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Does the Premium version work only on OS7.0 phones? I mean, If I extract the version from my OS7.0 phone and install it on my OS6.0 phone, will it work? :Batman:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Retired
adawar
My Device: Z10

knottyrope,

Thanks for flagging this. I appreciate the feedback and will pass along to the product team.

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Please use plain text.