Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

nmd
New Contributor
nmd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TELUS

Theme Studio 7

Hi Annu,

First I'd like to thank you for dedicating the time to respond to our questions.  And thank you for being part of a great product, that is the BlackBerry 9900/OS7.

Alec Saunders revealed a few days ago that Liquid Graphics (LG) broke the Theme engine in OS7.  And with the release of OS7 devices escalating, the question is when will RIM release a fixed BlackBerry Theme Studio 7?  

Also could you share with us whether a theme engine will be incorporated in the planned BBX OS and devices?

Regards,

Ghada

Please use plain text.
Product Manager (Retired)
adawar
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Theme Studio 7

Hi Ghada,

We hear you loud and clear and appreciate the enthusiasm around the desire for Theme Studio specific to BlackBerry 7 and the planned BBX OS devices. Theme developers are very important to us and our overall operation, and we will keep you all posted with any potential developments and timing.

I'm sorry I can't give you the hard timing you are looking for but I'm confident we will have something more concrete soon.

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
New Developer
dcburke789
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Annu,

So how did they theme the BlackBerry/Porsche 9981 if the theme engine is broken?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Possibly because it isn't a theme overtop of the standard theme, but rather that is the standard theme for that device.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Product Manager (Retired)
adawar
My Device: Z10

Yep- Krypto nailed it.

We did the work ourselves at the Java level.

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Please use plain text.