Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Retired
adawar
My Device: Z10

Voice Search

Hey there Team BlackBerry, I'm looking to get some feedback from the community.  Who has tried the voice enabled Universal Search feature on BB7 devices? Please share your experiences and feedback here!

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Voice Search

Hi Annu,

I have tried the Voice Search, but to be honest, it usually gets my entries wrong, so I just end up going to Google and manually requesting my search.

Is there a way to train the Voice Search app like you can do for Voice Dialing?

An example where I have problems is when I try to do a location search - I will ask it to find an address and it never seems to be able to figure out that an option would be to open the BB Maps app and search for the address there.

Of course, it's been a while since I've tried now as I gave up after the first few attempts.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Retired
adawar
My Device: Z10

Re: Voice Search

Interesting... sounds like you find Voice Activated dialling to be more accurate?

Annu

Annu Dawar | Director Software Product Management
BlackBerry