Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: vivacom

Can't acces any BB aplication.

I just got my new BB 9720 and my first BB at all. Unfortunately the problems starts. One of them is tath when I try to connect to my home wifi network the phone get in connection but only some web site is available. There is no any applications availabe. When I try to open some it appear message tath I'm not connected to the internet.

Other one problem is tath it is mostly imposible to transfer my contact list from the old phone.

Hope somebody could help in this matter.

Happy holidays.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't acces any BB aplication.

Let's deal with those one by one.

1. Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider? You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more. So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

2. For applications, what applications are not available? What are you looking for? Are you opening BlackBerry World icon on your 9720?

3. Please explain in detail about your contacts, where they are now currently, how you are attempting to transfer and what errors you might be seeing.

Please understand without details and coherent information, we can't help.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: vivacom

Re: Can't acces any BB aplication.

Thanks for your answer.

Is it necessary to got BB data plan from mobile provider. I would like to reach the application from BBWorld just via  WIFi network. Initially i log in Facebook and after tath was imposible any more either BBMessage.

I read somewhere tath the BB decide a just WIFi - tatj coild open pages trough internet browser and WIFi with BB applications available. Is it tath available inly with additional data plan.

About the contact - they are in my previous phone HTC and I'm wondering why I can't just transfer the list between the phones.

Thanks for your correct answers.