Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

mbh3370
My Device: Blackberry 9720

Complete malfunction - vendor refusing to repair

Hi, 9720 stopped working after a few weeks, so I returned it to vendor (CPW) who sent it away for repair, only to return it saying that the malfunction had been caused by liquid ingress, so it was my fault and they would not repair it.

I had it looked at independently, and their advice was that there are indicators within the 'phone which change colour when exposed to liquid, and that these indicators clearly demonstrated that liquid had not been present within the device.  Their view was that the motherboard was faulty, and that it should be returned for exchange/refund on that basis.

Given the number of similar complaints on numerous internet forums, this appears to be a consistent scam that CPW attempt to pull.  However, the staff at the store refuse point blank to take it any further.

Notwithstanding a complaint to Trading Standards and any further legal agtion I may take against CPW, would I have any more luck returning the 'phone to Blackberry directly, for a second opinion/repair under warranty?  If so, to whom would I send it?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Complete malfunction - vendor refusing to repair

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is no such entity for you to do that. Your purchase contract is a matter between you and the seller, BlackBerry is not a party to that transaction. Sadly, that means you must continue to attempt escalation with the seller. Failing that, I have heard that in some locations simply threatening to contact governmental or other consumer protection agencies can sometimes achieve satisfaction. But, legally and contractually, BlackBerry is not involved.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.