Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: Telenor

How to add Hungarian language onto my BB 9720 phone?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a BB 9720 and it has several European language installed already apart from Hungarian (which I need).

I downloaded BB Desktop and there is no option for me to install any other languages.

Is there a way I can download a language pack that contains Hungarian onto my phone or any other way I could add this language to my phone?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:Helpsmilie:

Developer
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: All Carriers

Re: How to add Hungarian language onto my BB 9720 phone?

Hope this will help you

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-blackberry-os-apps-f152/blackberry-language-pack-updated-453569/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Like if this post found useful
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks, but this looks like a lunguange pack for Read / Write -Chinese -Japanese-Korea, but NOT Hungarian.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Refer:

• KB05305 Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

Hungarian is indeed supported, based on that KB. You simply have to obtain the proper OS package (as per the KB) and install it to your BB, including the desired languages, and then activate those languages on the BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi Sdgardne,

Thanks for the tip, however the provider (Telenor Hungary) doesnt seem to have BB9720 listed on their device software list, so I have no chance to download it there. (https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=75EBB02F92FC30A8040BBD625AF999F1). The closest one I can see is BB9700, I dont suppose that works on 9720, does it?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No, you can only use OS packages for your exact model number. But you are not restricted from using an OS package from a different carrier. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

But...

bugyibuci wrote:

Thanks for the tip, however the provider (Telenor Hungary) doesnt seem to have BB9720 listed on their device software list,

That concerns me. There are no carriers I know of who have their network configured to automatically support all BB models. Most choose a subset of models to support, and availability of the OS package from their specific portal is how I normally evaluate if a carrier supports a specific model or not. If your carrier network does not support your specific BB model for automatic HRT and Service Book delivery, then you will be unable to use the BB proprietary services (email, native browser, etc.). I suggest, therefore, that you talk further to them about if their network natively supports your specific BB model number before you spend too much time trying to get the language you desire working.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Sdgardne,

Many thanks for this extensive reply. This phone was bought in the UK and it was unlocked and it is now used in Hungary. We didn't try to set up an email address yet, but we are able to use the Internet and other functions on it.

I will email the carrier (Telenor) and see what they say. It might be that Telenor is not supplying this phone in Hungary hence it wouldn't have a device software for it?

Thanks a lot once again!