Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

Lynnvaroo0
My Device: BlackBerry 9720
My Carrier: Washington

How to upload my photos from a RAW memory card successfully?

I was wondering whether it is possible to re-access my photos on a RAW memory card of my blackberry phone.

In fact, yesterday, I inserted my phone memory card to my computer as usual for uploading some important photos. However, this time, things went really strange. After connecting the card reader to my computer, a message always popped out and asked me to format it at first. Its “Properties” was also changed from previous NTFS into the present RAW. So, I came here and hope I can find a way to get back my needed photos from this RAW memory card. Do you have any idea? Do you know any way for me to upload my photos successfully?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Merrylin045
My Carrier: Los Angles

Re: How to upload my photos from a RAW memory card successfully?

Have you formatted this RAW memory card yet?

In fact, as I know, the RAW memory card problems are often caused by many reasons, such as the improper operations, virus infections and even memory card problems, etc. But, in most cases, it can be easily fixed by re-formatting.

So, you also can try to format this RAW memory card to fix its RAW problems.

However, considering about the safety of the inner stored files, you’d better firstly try to retrieve them back off from this RAW memory card with a RAW memory card data recovery program in case that the formatting process makes everything worse.

Nowadays, there are many similar memory card data recovery programs that can help you retrieve your inaccessible data off from this RAW memory card and restore your RAW file system back into previous NTFS file system latter. But not all of them can work as efficiently as you hope.

So, if you cannot make your own decision, you can try to use some RAW memory card data recovery freeware at firstly, which often work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as PC Inspector File Recovery, TestDisk, Recuva and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.   

Note:

Do not forget to format this card after the data recovery process and see whether the RAW problem can be completely fixed.

Next time, I hope you can always remember to back up everything important.

Please use plain text.
Lynnvaroo0
My Carrier: Washington

Re: How to upload my photos from a RAW memory card successfully?

Thank you for your detailed answer!

It seems that only you are interested in my question. So, I read your answer carefully and know that the formatting process can help me out.

So, I follow your advice and try your mentioned data recovery program. They are really great. Now, I have restored all my wanted data and also saved this memory card by re-formatting.

Thank you very much!

Please use plain text.