Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

carla2303
My Device: 9720 Curve

If i buy a sim free 9720 to take to Tunisia will it work there

Hi I am thinking of buying a 9720 curve here in the uk..to take to a family member for use in Tunisia.  If I do this will the phone work there.  Its a sim free one so I am presuming I can put a sim card for any network ... will all of the blackberry services be available on it ?.. it will be pay as you go 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: If i buy a sim free 9720 to take to Tunisia will it work there

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your question is much more complicated than it appears.

No BB can function at all on a network that uses frequencies and technologies that the BB is not capable of using. You must check the carriers in Tunisia for what they use, and then compare that to what the device is capable of using.

Even if the frequencies/technologies are compatible, you still may have challenges if the specific carrier does not specifically support the specific BB model number for automatic delivery of HRT and Service Books, which are required to use all BB proprietary services. You may be able to use voice and perhaps generic data services, but not BB proprietary data services if this is the case.

Further still, many carriers do not deliver any BB proprietary services on PayGo plans...but, like so much of this, only the specific carrier can answer that question, since they control their data plans.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code