Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

New Contributor
komako2nd
My Device: Blackberry 9720

Japanese input on 9720

Hi, I am a Japanese, and bought BB9720 in South Africa. I would like to install Japanese language input, but I failed it. I found a post which asked other language input problem would be solved by downloading software on desktop(windows), but unfortunately my pc is mac. So could someone let me know how I should do?
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Japanese input on 9720

Hey komako2nd,

Have a look at this knowledge base article for information on installing language packs to your BlackBerry® smartphone.

KB13067

How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones

Hope this helps, have a good day.

VIA | Administrator SmoothRider

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Spansih-language-missing-on-a-bold-9900-with-...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
komako2nd

Thanks. I tried to download desktop device and software from the page above. But my service provider is not there, which is Airtel Uganda. Even my device 9720 was also not appeared on the pull down list...
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes

No matter if the OS is from another carrier, you just need to install language

download the one that says (All Languages)

Some English and other phone operators offers the update os7.1 for 9720 and it's : 7.1.0.1046 :

-Orange UK
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...223C61B1B5AB89

-O2 UK
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B73B97E1AAA491

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
komako2nd

I downloaded three files from the link above(Orange UK), which are desktop software, device manager, and handheld software. Then installed device manager and desktop software respectively in my computer. But the software does not recognize my BB device. Should the computer connect to internet to let it recognize? If it's necessary, current place does not have any connection for my pc. (BB uses another provider) I should go other place to connect wifi or something.
And how the handheld software is installed? When I found that was just text file. When the device would be recognized will it work?
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes

is that there are times when we download and install a specific os to install on our blackberry, no matter the method we use
(destokp manager, apploader) wanting to load the os, it turns either dm or apploader does not recognize that you have installed on the pc therefore can not perform the flash, if it is true and you know you have to delete the vendor file

(C: \ Program Files \ common Files \ Research In Motion \ AppLoader),

it is also true that there sometimes that is not enough, here is the explanation of why, in fact there are two vendor files, which are installed on different routes, we have to do is simply delete this second vendor file and thus must go to this path

C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator \ Application Data \ Research In Motion \ BlackBerry \ Loader XML

(before should go to tools, folder options, view, and enable show hidden files and folders, if they do not be able to visualize this)
then delete it, ready to try flashing again, this time if your will be recognized, regardless of the method that uses luck I hope will be useful

more 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB-Bold-9700-update-problem/m-p/2558925/highl...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
komako2nd

Excuse me, since I installed them in Mac computer(macbook air os x 10.7.2), could you instruct again for that? Thank you for the assistance.
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes

This is still "windows only". You can run windows on your MacBook,

using emulator, all instructions are for windows find

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ron-the-don
My Device: 9720

Hi ,

I try to install the japanese font input but no luck on the 9720 , try different network provider but all the  installation files don't Japanese input but  display font and support only.

please help , try everything app loader and desktop manager .

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes

Hi ron-the-don and Welcome to the Community!

How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones

To install a language pack, select and download the latest BlackBerry Device Software for the BlackBerry smartphone model from the appropriate wireless service provider from the list located here:

BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.

Asia Pacific Carrier

Please use plain text.