Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

BravoKilo14
My Device: Tech Support
My Carrier: Tech Support

Setting up an exchange email fixes protocol to IMAP

I've been trying to set up a Blackberry 9720 with a microsoft exchange email account. I run the setup, fill in all the details, enable SSL and it all works dandy. And then all of a sudden we start getting duplicate emails. There is no forwarding causing duplicates to arrive in the blackberry inbox, because the PC inbox is fine.

I searched the blackberry support site and found out the cause could be because the exchange email is set up with IMAP protocol. I checked the email account set up on the phone and indeed the protocol is set to IMAP. I tried following the online solutions from blackberry, but the explanation they give is completely different from what is actually happening on the phone's screen. They're telling me to click on options that don't exist, basically.

Here's the question. How does one set up an exchange email account on the Blackberry 9720? If someone knows how to set up the email with POP for exchange email that's fine, just so long as you can ensure POP can be set up on the phone with the option to leave all the email intact on the exchange server.

Please use plain text.