Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

New Contributor
Jerec
My Device: Not Specified

Unreconized Blackberry Device - Cannot get 9720 to connect to Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1

[ Edited ]

Hi guys

We've recently started using 9720's in our office, they seem ok, but we just cannot get them to connect to BDS, we always get the BDS device information update failed. Please verify you have a valid internet connection.

Now all other phones we've used (9900, 9800, 9820 etc etc) all work without issues.

This is a major issue for us wjem replacing faulty devices as we cannot copy the contents of the old one to the new 9720.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor
allaineem
My Device: z10

Re: Unreconized Blackberry Device - Cannot get 9720 to connect to Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1

Hi

Kindly check this website blackberry.com/btsc, after that type in the search field KB00125.

It will provide you steps on how to determine whats causing the problem.

Let me know if this help.
New Contributor
Jerec

Re: Unreconized Blackberry Device - Cannot get 9720 to connect to Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Please bear in mind that its only this model that we have an issue with, all other models work without a hitch.

New Contributor
Jerec

Hi

Tried everything on there but same thing, plug in USB, BDS opens and it comes up "An Unrecognised Blackberry device has been connected to your computer. Your device information is being updated in the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Then you get the original error, Unrecognised Blackberry Device.

I have BDS 7.1.0.41 installed with 9720AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2910_PL9.105.0.18_A7.1.0.1083_O2_UK
MarnusMatthysen
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Hi

There is absolutely no helpdesk which I can contact on this website that provides me with direct help so I decided on the forums...

I am a user of the MTN service provider and I have downloaded the MTN software for  the BB9720 from swdownloads and are using the BBSAK app to erase the software and the loader.exe application to push the software back on to the device and it provides you with a list that you want on the device to tick. But recently I discoverded that it keeps on telling me "The BlackBerry Desktop software does not have BlackBerry Device Sodtware for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

Then as plan B I used the desktop manager which I do not prefer because I takes ages and I does not install the languages or the wordmoles and games that it comes standard with. It keeps on giving me the following error then..."An error has accured while downloading software for your device, please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem percist" I personly think that BlackBerry's devices are quite poor... They should think of something better...

Rustychain
My Device: 970

I've also experienced the same issue with the 9720 model - all other models have worked fine with the BDM software, but when i hook up a 9720 it complains about a valid internet connection.

I therefore used a laptop, which is off our corporate network, connected to broadband - with the BDM software installed on it.  This worked! You can use this as a workaround if needed?

Which leads me to believe that the 9720 is blocked by perhaps the proxy server, even though other models worked - so something must have changed with the latest release perhaps.

Rustychain
My Device: 970

Another method i have used to get the model of the 9720 to connect to BDM software on the desktop PC is when the device is connected to the computer via usb, i then connect the blackberry 9720 to a wireless network. This enables the dekstop software to see the device.