Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

Contributor
jacgautron
My Device: 9720
Accepted Solution

Using Desktop software with Windows Outlook of Windows 8

Syncronisation of the calendar does not work from 9720 to Outlook, but it synchronise from Outlook to 9720, it works well. However as soon as the appointment has been synchronised from Outlook to 9720 if I clearup the information on the 9720 it desappears from Outlook. Very strange !

I have got plenty of other questions, how could I talk with a technician ?

Jacques Gautron
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Using Desktop software with Windows Outlook of Windows 8

Are you syncronizing with a USB cable or wirelessly?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacgautron

I do it with USB cable

Thank you

Jacques Gautron
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Synchronization only takes place between the default account on the device and Outlook. Make sure you have the proper account set as the default calendar account in the main device settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacgautron

It might be the problem, because on the desktop it says for the calendar two addresses, my email address on Outlook and FaceBook. Hwever I dont know how to get rid of the FaceBook address.

Jacques Gautron
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

On the device, go to Settings (or Options.) In the search bar type in the word default. Open Default Services and make sure you have the calendar that you want to sync listed as the default calendar.

The other thing you can do is move any calendar items from the other account to the default account. Open the Calendar and hit the menu key and go to Options. On the screen that opens just type the letters m o v e. You won't see anything being typed on the screen but a dialogue will pop up asking if you want to move calendar items from the other calendar to the default calendar. If you do, say yes.

Now those items should sync back and forth between device and outlook.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacgautron

What do you call "the device" ? Is'it Outlook or the Desktop ?

Jacques Gautron
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

The device your BlackBerry device.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacgautron

Once again I am very sorry but I dont understand, when you say BB device, is'it the smartphone or the Desktop manager. If it is either the smartphone or the Desktop, I do not see where to find what you are talking about.

Jacques Gautron
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Once again, the "device" is your BlackBerry Smarthphone. Desktop Manager often refers to it as "device", as well.

On your BlackBerry (not outlook, not Desktop Manager) you need to go to Options. It is a wrench icon that should be on the home screen somewhere. Click on that icon. Type "Default Services" in the search bar at the top. Open Default Services and select the calendar that you wish to be default to sync with.

Then follow the instructions I posted above on how to move other calendars to the default calendar.
Please use plain text.