Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 9720

New Contributor
dmlaty
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: Orange

how do i set up uma?

Hi everyone,

im sure this has been asked before but here goes.

im totally new to Blackberry and use the orange network.

I was attracted by the uma feature as reception in my house on orange is poor. I have bought a 9720 as an orange payg but cannot see how to set up the uma feature. I have connected to my home wi-fi network and that is as far as i have got.

hoping someone can help

Thanks,

Dave

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how do i set up uma?

Hello,

UMA is a multiple-prerequisite system. Your carrier must have UMA...you must ask them about that. You must be subscribed to a data plan from them that is adequate to enable UMA -- I somehow doubt that a PayGo plan is adequate, but again only they can answer that question. You must have whatever UMA app your carrier provides on your device.

As you can see, all questions lead back to the same source...your mobile service provider, for UMA is a service they control.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.