Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
Accepted Solution

Any idea when the shop will be available again

I'm just wondering if anybody knows how long it will take for the BlackBerry shop (http://shopblackberry.com) to be available again? Does anybody know what is taking so long? Will it be available again after 30 January ?

I have some reward points available (https://developer.blackberry.com/jam/rewards/), so these are only valid in the BlackBerry shop.

On the site it says I could mail to the BlackBerry Shop Support if I have any questions. I did that some time ago (on 4 December 2012 to be exact) and the only answer I got was the same as what the site said: "The site is temporarily unavailable". But the "temporarily" part is in the mean time a rather long time.

PS: I didn't really know where I had to put this post. So I guess the moderators will probably move this if it doesn't belong here. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as far as I found there is not a real support channel for the BlackBerry shop.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Any idea when the shop will be available again

I doubt anyone here knows. Since shopblackberry.com is not owned by RIM, I doubt they know or would comment on any definite date... but my hope is that it's being revamped by January 30th.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

JSanders wrote:

Since shopblackberry.com is not owned by RIM, I doubt they know or would comment on any definite date... 

Not owned by RIM?
It directs to the site http://us.blackberry.com/where-to-buy/accessories/shop-blackberry.html which is owned by RIM as far as I know. And because the notification (stating that is not available) says to contact shopblackberry@rim.com. I would think the shopblackberry.com address is owned by RIM? Or am I missing something?

I do hope for the revamping part of course :-) We'll see in a couple of days

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ndsmyter wrote:

Not owned by RIM?
It directs to the site http://us.blackberry.com/where-to-buy/accessories/shop-blackberry.html which is owned by RIM as far as I know. And because the notification (stating that is not available) says to contact shopblackberry@rim.com. I would think the shopblackberry.com address is owned by RIM? Or am I missing something?

I do hope for the revamping part of course :-) We'll see in a couple of days

Well, let me restate that... it was NOT owned by RIM in the past.

ShopBlackBerry.com website and retailer was (in the past) a third party vendor of RIM accessories and such, and was the preferred vendor by RIM. But it was a US corporation, un-related to RIM other than the official recognition by RIM as the 'official retailer'.

Since then, about November of last fall (2012) their website has been closed and with a notice of 'revamping'. Perhaps RIM has taken over or bought that URL and the distribution channel.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code