Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
ldc_bigcat
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Playbook ( 32GB )
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB 10 upgrade...

Hey everyone, I recently read about the upcoming version 10 for the BlackBerry. Does anyone have more information on this or should I be content with my BB BOLD 9700? I must admit it has been very reliable since I purchased it over a year ago.  Any suggestions or comments welcome. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BB 10 upgrade...

BB10 devices aren't releasing until early next year so you don't really have to think it over that much right now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ldc_bigcat
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Playbook ( 32GB )
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I did some googling and read where RIM has extended the release of the new BB 10 devices.  It is just sad how a controlling group can manipulate operations at the stock holders expense.  It's moves such as this that strives me towards the iphone(grrrh) when I know that the BlackBerry is the better choice.  

The true rule, in determining to embrace, or reject any thing, is not whether it have any evil in it; but whether it have more of evil, than of good. There are few things wholly evil, or wholly good.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BB10 is delayed for good reasons, they wanted to add in all the things they are working on

I am waiting for it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ginge9570
My Device: HTC One 801n.
My Carrier: Three (3)

BB10

BB10 OS will not work on the 9700 :smileysad:

Maybe on the 9810 and 9900 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: BB10

BB10 will not work on existing BlackBerry phones because they do not meet the requirements in terms of screen, and cpu.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Java phone will not support BB10

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

But RIM Said all phones might have a minor updates (all the java ones)
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the java phones will of course continue having security fixes, but that's all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.