Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Battery Issues

Hello there...

I've been playing around with my Curve 9360 for the past month, and I've noticed that the battery gets drained really fast. I can only use it for about 5 hours before I have to charge it again. Take not, I AM a HEAVY USER. Listening to music, browsing the web, playing web-based games, I also have Viber so it is always on the background.

After I charge the battery, I noticed that after about 2 hours, it is down to 80%. Then about 50% after 3 hours.

Do I need to purchase a new battery?

I also noticed that my phone only charges for about 1 hours and a half from "red" to full. Is that the usual charging time for this phone?

And just now, after less than 3 hours, my battery is down to 70%

I have the Battery Save mode always on since I updated to OS 7.1

I really can't think of a reason why my battery drains this quicly except that the battery is defective.

And going on a tangent, while I was still using my Curve 8520, I also found that the battery drains quickly, so I purchased a new battery, but it was still the same with my old battery. So now I'm afraid that if I do buy a new battery, nothing would change.

Can I get some advise please?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Battery Issues

Try reading this thread. It may help you with battery life. Goodluck

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/10-Top-Blackberry-Battery-Sa...

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco

Yeah, I'm already doing those.

But on my other question, is this the norm for heavy users?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You may wanna have a spare battery like I do. I'm also a heavy user and I even use my phone to answer to these threads.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco

Thanks.

I'm planning on buying a new battery this weekend.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You're welcome :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco

How can I access these threads on my phone? Do you access it via the phone's native browser? Or is there an app for this like Crackberry?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Just the native browser. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco

Will I be redirected to the mobile site? Or does this even have a mobile version?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You will be directed to a nice and smooth mobile site. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.