Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
sm2631977
My Device: Bold 9900

Battery Missing from the Blackberry Box

When we broght the Unit from Dealer, Though it was packed we found Battery was missing from the unit. When we took this case with the dealer he said as the Box was packed he cannot do anything and we will have to take this case with RIM.

Later as we wanted to used the unit urgency we procurred another battery from Blackberry Store, But we found that the battery backup is not at all great. As a customer we deserve a Battery to be part of the Whole unit.

How can i get this issue sorted?.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Battery Missing from the Blackberry Box

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, the person you spoke to at the dealer fobbed you off. Your entire financial contract is between you and the dealer...RIM is not involved. If they dealer shorted you on something that should have been included, they need to make good on that fact. You will need to go back to the dealer and escalate to their management.

Further, you actually have no free method of asking RIM anything. Only the carriers and authorized resellers have a free channel of communication into RIM. So, that dealer telling you to "take this case with RIM" would have, in order for you to do so, actually escalate your case into RIM so that you could do as they said without charge to you.

All in all, form what you describe, that dealer is either not reputable or the person you spoke to is horribly under-trained.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sm2631977

this is weird RIM doesnt own responaibility of such matters and dealer says "we are selling box packed things we dont modify any content".more above the box was sealed so there is cery little or no chance that dealer has played something in between.

RIm spend such a high amount on marketing but dont have absolutely anyway to interface quth customers or guide them for such issues..This is ridiculous,small time
vendors re muh better that they atleast do hear to customer and willing to help.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm...I'll try to understand those words...a bit challenging...

Look at it this way...when you buy a car, who do you talk to if something is missing? Do you contact the BMW corporate headquarters and factory? No...you talk to your local dealer, who makes good on things. And it's the same analogy here...the carriers and authorized resellers agree, by virtue of their contract with RIM, to provide ALL services and ALL front line support to their users. It's not "small time" IMHO...rather, it's a distributed support model, attempting to provide support as close to the end user as possible.

But, judgments (e.g., "small time") about it are quite irrelevant...the support model is what the support model is. Further, you actually agreed to it when you took out your contract with your carrier/authorized reseller...to do what you now want (talk direct to RIM), you will be voluntarily breaching your contract. That, btw, can be done...but not for free...if you desire to breach your contract and contact RIM directly for support (something called "Incident Support"), you have to pay for that. Again, that's just the way it works.

Of course RIM owns responsibility if something was missing from the package...but you have no contract or financial arrangement with RIM at all. All of your contract and financial arrangement is with your carrier and/or authorized reseller. By contract, it is their responsibility to deal with you on this issue and not fob you off (as they did).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sm2631977

thanks for your response,refering to analogy what is mentioned if you have something missing from the CAR and dealer denies to own responsibility sayng i sold you what i received fromanufacturer what you do??

as far as incident support is concern if something missing from the factory sealed pack RIM should hand hold the customer to solve the issue and not point fingers to carrier provider or dealer.This is not a teachnical fault or mishandling at dealer end its a clear one off case of wrong packaging hence shall not be treated as other support cases.

what you will do if your CAR is not fitted with petrol tank and BMW tells you to sort this issue with dealer or petrol station..does this makes any sense??
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Friend, we can draw analogies until the end of time, each painting a scenario that fits the end result that each desires...but, quite simply, doing so won't change the facts of how the support model exists in the BlackBerry world.

So, I recommend that you escalate with your dealer into their Management and find out exactly how they propose, given the existing support model (which I hope you now are more aware of), you are supposed to sort this out directly with RIM.

If you wish to bypass them and attempt escalation directly to RIM, these are the options for you of which I am aware:

Good luck, and do let us know how it all works out!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
haroldleotangco
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

Yeah, just think of it this way.

the carrier/reseller bought the devices from RIM, so they are now responsible for the device.

Then they resold it to you.

So even if there is something missing or faulty with the device, you still have to duke it out with whoever sold you your phone because it is in their contract with RIM.

And by the way, where did you buy the device?

Did you buy it along with a plan from your carrier or just a reseller?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishkind
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

That is weird. You should have opened the box first from the store where you bought your unit to check up on it.

Please use plain text.