Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
fox-1234
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

BlackBerry Storm + SanDisk 1GB micro SD card

First of all, yes, I checked and made sure there was no lock switch. Now... I'm just going to copy & paste what I posted on yahoo answers.

So I had a MSD card in my blackberry storm. Then I put it in my txtm8 when I switched to cricket. Worked fine for the first while. Then one day I was looking through my pictures, and everything turned into "X"'s. when i went to go back in, it told me my memory card didnt exist at all. i just bought a MSD reader for my computer, stuck in my old one, reads fine. stuck in this one, and for some reason, it'll load to the very end (vista's explorer shows the green bar at the top) *oh and that load takes FOREVER* then it gives me an error. it's only 1GB so i doubt that it's a large load for my computer to be reading.

just tried opening the properties before inserting card, then insert & hit error check. after 10 minutes it said "disk check cannot be preformed because windows cannot access disk".

please help, i have alot of pictures and memories i don't want to loose =[

**Also, I have tried putting in one of the SD card adapters, so it goes in the SD card slot instead of a USB adapter, doesn't work.

***The error message is "E:\ Is not accessable.

The request could not be preformed because of an I/O device error."

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Storm + SanDisk 1GB micro SD card

You should contact SanDisk.

Or txtm8, I don't know what that it is, but that is where your Media Card was when it went bad?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums

Please clarify this statement: "Then I put it in my txtm8 when I switched to cricket."

I'm not familiar with the term. Thanks! :smileywink:

Can you read any file type on the media card. Media, documents, etc?

Have you ever left the device plugged into the USB port on the PC and run and virus scans

or malware software on the PC? I have seen those type of programs affect the media card as well.

At the home screen select options, security options, Encryption. On or off?

Also check content compression, should be off.

At the home screen, select options, memory, check the following options.

Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Media transfer protocol ON (Storm and Bold only)

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON.

You cannot right click on the drive icon "E" in your example, to access tools, try using the Blackberry repair  option. I have included links for encryption and content compression.

It may be that the card is incorrectly seated in the device.

From your description though, I suspect it's toast. Sorry!

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Storm user manual page 114

Media card encryption modes

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fox-1234
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

I did contact them, and of course he wasn't american. He also couldn't even spell pittsburgh. I don't trust he really knew what he was talking about. So I was hoping a blackberry forum might have some people who would have a bit more of problem solving skills able to help me. I've been trying recovery programs, but all seem to freeze >.<

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

fox-1234 wrote:

I did contact them, and of course he wasn't american. He also couldn't even spell pittsburgh. I don't trust he really knew what he was talking about. So I was hoping a blackberry forum might have some people who would have a bit more of problem solving skills able to help me. I've been trying recovery programs, but all seem to freeze >.<

Ouch. If your normal disc and file recovery tools won't extract the files or data... not good.

We still don't know what a txtm8 is and what it might have done to your Media Card.

[edited to reflect revised user name in quote]

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phones/details/Cricket-TXTM8

Guess its a phone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

original poster wrote:

I did contact them, and of course he wasn't american. He also couldn't even spell pittsburgh. I don't trust he really knew what he was talking about.

Well it's a shame he was not American, but are you sure of that? Is that important?

I am not, and I do not know how to spell the name of that city by heart. I'm sure that's not evidence of my stupidity or lack of knowledge.

It is possible, from what you say, that this person did not have enough knowledge to help you, it's a shame and hopefully you will find people (American or not, good at spelling city names or not).

And remember that your BlackBerry device is designed by a Candian company (Research in Motion) that is lead by two men, one of which comes from Turkey.

On the other side of your issue, you have Sandisk that was created in 1988 by two doctors that at the time were not US citizens : Eli Harari and Sanjay Mehrotra.

I'm french from vietnamese origins.

Now about your issue. All SD cards, including micro SD cards, use an internal controller that deals with all the datas written on your card. It's like a file system, but specific to the SecureDigital world. That controller on very exceptionnal occasions can fail entirely. In those cases, you can find dozens of programs for Wndows that allow you to reconstruct the "table of content" of your files on the SD card (you may lose the file names and the folder hierarchy though). Currently, your data is there but Windows is only trying to fetch the "table of content" instead or trying to read the data.

>>> With a recovery tool, the recovery success is usually over 90% <<<.

You can google for such tools, some are free. I cannot help you choose one because I never had to use any. An example is this one:

http://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/

I would like to know what are the tools that you have already tried too.

Good luck and tell us if you eventually manage to recover your personal files.

(I am currently doing a backup of my microSD card thanks to your question, thanks for reminding me)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angelina22
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

The previous card, a Sandisk 1GB, did not work properly. ... I needed an older Micro SD card to transfer photos and info from my old phone to my new Blackberry Storm. ...

blackberry bold skins

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xmaneasy
My Device: BlackBerry 8220

[ Edited ]

You can try to google it. such as, "photo reocvery" "pictures recovery" "photo reocvery software"......

It is ture that most of us would click the former websites. However, the formers may not be the best and cost-effective softwares.

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xmaneasy
My Device: BlackBerry 8220

An example is this one: http://www.recovery-photo.com/
Please use plain text.