Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

rpk
Visitor
rpk
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

BlackBerry Torch tight case

I recently upgraded to the new blackberry 9800, I was surprised that there was no case supplied, I went out and bought a case (part number HDW-31013-001) however it is extremely tight, so much so it unclips the battery cover when trying to remove the phone.  Has anyone else experienced this? How did you work around it or do you believe this will be a fault with the case?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Torch tight case

The case should loosen up after a few days; I had a similar situation and it corrected itself very soon.

Be aware that if you're not using a case specifically designed for your phone model, the alignment of the magnet that puts your phone to sleep when holstered might be off.  Not only will this not help you save on battery life, it can actually do weird stuff to your BlackBerry.

As you're inserting your phone into the case, see if your screen goes off.  It might not happen until the phone is almost completely holstered, but see if it happens.  If not, beware of using that case.  I often recommend cases from Seidio www.seidioonline.com to whomever is looking for a good case.  I use the clip case for the Torch.  Not only does my phone flip out and clip in very easily, but every BlackBerry case from Seidio has the magnet properly aligned so your phone is put to sleep as soon as it's holstered.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lisanewman516
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: A T & T

Okie Dokie - that's lovely...how do you get the flippin' thing OFF?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums!

How do you get what off?  The battery cover or the case?  If it's the case, which case are you talking about?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lisanewman516

Merci.  I upgraded to a Berry Torch 9810 and the homme at the store said I needed a cover for this berry.  He put it on the phone for me.  I CANNOT get the thing off (oui - one can be highly educated, yet cannot do these things).

I am NOT referring to the battery cover.  It is a protective case that did NOT come with instructions.  It is a case that comes in chrome and white.  No worries - I am capable of actually going to the store and asking the homme to assist me in my humble stupidity!   Perhaps I should have gone with the HTC Droid thingy.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lisanewman516

P.S. It is the ONLY case available for the Torch 9810.  This model was released last week.  Here is the link to the case if that helps.  

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat1370025&q_sku=sku5...

Please use plain text.