Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone Review - UPDATE

Xandrex wrote:

Krypto wrote:
Wow, I'm highly impressed!  I was curious how "she" would handle things like that!
I'm stopping you right now. Put an invisible shield on her first.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Good thing is that my Golf is close to the ground and essentially everything in my baby is padded and safe, so my BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone is protected (so long as I don't go throwing my keys and other sharp objects directly at it!)).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone Review

knottyrope wrote:

I have also tested The  BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605.

I hate putting head sets into my ear. Only elbows go there. This device is very slick and did the trick for what I wanted to do. Pair it, set your station, use it for calls and music streaming. What more could you ask for?

My only issue was with the FM transmitter. My old tired 99 Toyota Tacoma radio would get lots of static when listening to music from a smart phone. I have since run the charging cable to the Visor Mount Speakerphone instead of using the battery and the static is reduced drastically. I have not tested it in another vehicle yet to rule out my radio being the issue.

The other fun part (not a device issue) was finding a frequency that was not in use from home to work. I never realized how many weak stations there are around me that affected the music streaming quality.

Other thought: 

I will never have to remember to turn the Visor Mount Speakerphone off with its nice auto shutoff feature.

Great tip about using the charger on the Visor Mount. I hardly have any static at all now!!

I'm knot joking either! :smileywink:

Thanks Knotty!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Bifocals wrote:

Great tip about using the charger on the Visor Mount. I hardly have any static at all now!!

I'm knot joking either! :smileywink:

Thanks Knotty!

Bifocals

Glad to have helped out.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I paired the VM 605 to My Samsung for camping and streamed music to my trucks radio. Had a few campers that were impressed with it. Knot bad if I do say so myself.

One of our friends just received a new 8310 and is interested in the VM 506 for his long commute. He was so impressed with what I did that he is planning on dumping his ipod dock thing and getting a Micro SD card for his Curve when he gets the VM 605.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

I still haven't needed to charge it again since my last post! I love it that after a few minutes of you walking away from the car, it turns itself off.

"Power Off"

"Connected" I love her voice!! Xandrex I shall record it for you and post on facebook!

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

yes, I want to her her accent !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

I was thinking of getting one of these. Nice review Krypto.

Well put together :smileyhappy:

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Not Specified

Hi everyone

I got one of these last week and while generally impressed, I have to say I don't feel that it is as "handsfree" as it makes out. 

I did everything that I had to at the start and I have preset one of my radio stations in the car to the required frequency.  What frustrates me is that the FM transmitter turns itself off after 1 minute of inactivity.  So if I am listening to another radio station and I notice a call coming through on my phone, I have to first of all press the FM transmitter button to turn it back on again, then turn the radio station to the preset channel for the blackberry and then press the visor again to cancel the call.  I thought that if I was listening to the radio and a call came through, then the blackberry would just cut off the radio and the call would come through. 

Maybe I'm missing something - any tips to keep the transmitter on??

Thanks
Debi

Guru III
My Device:

Play music from your HH to keep it connected.

I put a few gig of MP3s on and works nice with no comercials set to random play.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you're just using the Visor Mount Speakerphone in order to answer calls and make calls (like I typically do) and not to stream music to your car stereo, you don't need to use the FM mode.  I just turn my Visor Mount Speakerphone on and start using it, without hooking it up to the car stereo.

This way, the audio comes out of the actual speakerphone, not the car stereo, and like that, I can continue to use my car's radio with no problems, and all I do when a call comes in is to manually reduce the volume.

I hope that helps you out!  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!