If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 Review

[ Edited ]

Ah Krypto you beat me to getting a review up!!!    :smileyhappy:

I've been using the device for the past few days and here are my initial impressions so far

I 'm really impressed with the quality of the BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone.  I think the speakerphone on the device is very good. Music and calls came across very clear in my experience. The music streaming works flawlessly- whether it's coming from music stored on the device or from a streaming music source like Pandora.

On the front of the device is one big button along with 4 LEDs indicating it's current status (battery status, connection status, call status, and FM). The big button lets you turn the device off/on, answer calls, redialing, voice activating, and pairing with a BlackBerry. The right side of the device have volume up and volume down buttons. The left side and a button to activate the FM transmitter. Both buttons are very easy to press while driving. The FM transmitter announces the frequency it is on when you turn it on so that you can tell what to tune your radio to. The transmitter also has an auto-scan feature which tries to scan for the clearest channel. Funny side story - when FedEX delivered the device to my house the driver said the package kept talking and she kept getting scared.   :smileyhappy:

I haven't tried using the GPS feature through it yet, but I will later on today and post back to let you all know how it performs.

The one thing I wasn't expecting was that the device would come with a MicroUSB charger and not  MiniUSB charger. I was a little bummed about it at first because I thought I'd be able to use my existing car charger to charge the device. Since MicroUSB is/will be the new standard going forward this really isn't a problem. 

As I said in the beginning  I'm very impressed with this device. If I was Siskel and Roeper I'd give this device 2 thumbs WAY up!!!   :smileyhappy:

IMG00021-20090609-1013.jpgIMG00025-20090609-1016.jpg

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 06-09-2009 10:33 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 Review

jmrmb80 wrote:

IMG00021-20090609-1013.jpg

It looks a bit like HAL-9000 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Yes, but it way sexier.   :smileyhappy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

As an update the GPS I use on the BlackBerry came across clear as day when using the visor yesterday!    :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RCNA
My Device: Not Specified

How did you get Pandora to work? My fm signal cuts out after 1 min after listening to the music from Pandora. After it cuts out, I then have to press the fm button again to in order for it to play through the radio.

Any thoughts? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

The only thing I did with Pandora is go into it's Options page and enabled the Bluetooth. Is yours enabled already?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RCNA

I tired that and it would play for 1 min. After the 1 min. passed, the signal dropped. I then click the FM button and then again it would start to play through the sterro for 1 min.

But I am glad others are getting it to work. I just downgraded to .122 as .148 has been nothing but problems. So next time I'm on the road, I will try it again and let you know if I have any success. 

Thanks for the help, 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RCNA

So after downgrading to .122 and reinstalling Nobex Pandora, still no luck. The fm channel cuts out after 1 min.

What am I doing wrong? Bluetooth is enabled through Pandora.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Which model BlackBerry do you have? Was the OS you installed the lastest for the device? If you try scanning for a different FM station does the same thing happen?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RCNA

Storm 9530/ .122

I ran the searching tool which the VM-605 found a great clear station. It works great when using the BB media player, no problems what so ever. 

Please use plain text.