Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 Review

I'm nor sure what the problem could be then. I haven't heard of it happening with other people. If you try another radio streaming app (Slacker or Flycast) does the same thing happen?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
RCNA
My Device: Not Specified

On my way home today, I tried Viigo and listened to a pod cast. Again the same problem happened.I even changed the fm station several times.

What are your bluetooth settings? I am also on BES. Does that matter? 

Elite I
jmrmb80

I'm on a BES, but the only policy I have is a password requirement. I know there are bluetooth policies that can be enforced by the BES admin.

Here are some of them in this document if you're interested. Also here is a KB article about it

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04011

If I go into my Bluetooth options for the VM-605 my settings are:

Trusted: Yes

Encryption: Enabled

Echo Control: Automatic

Device Address: lists the Mac address of the visor

Services:

Hands-Free Unit

Headset

A/V Remote Control

Audio Sink

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor
RCNA

So a week of trying, I still can not get Pandora or Viigo Podcast to stay on the fm channel for more than 1 minute.

I checked IT Policy settings on BES today and like you jmrmb80, it is only set to require a password. We are also on BES 4.1.

My bluetooh options are set to the same you have.

So I am more than confused why this is not working. I am going to try it with a friend's storm that is not on BES and see if it is the unit itself. Thanks again for the help. If you think of anything else, please let me know as it is appreciated. 

Elite I
jmrmb80

Have you tried using the FM in another car to see if it works? That's a good idea to try another device also.
Contributor
RCNA

[ Edited ]

After trying a friend's device which is not on BES, the results are still the same.

I do feel like an noob though as I have been referring to Padora as Nobex Radio Campaign. For all the times I was mentioning Pandora, I really meant Nobex. I thought they were the same until I installed it on a friends phone. 

I also tried Viigo's pod cast and still the same result as before (on the non BES phone), the FM channel cuts out after 1 minute. 

So at least I know it is not a BES thing. Unfortunately I can not try Slacker or Pandora as they do not work in Canada. But I thought I would try another Podcast application such as stictcher and everything appears to be working. So with that said, it does not appear to be BES, my Storm (.122) or the visor device itself. 

The problem must relay in both Viigo and Nobex radio (there could be more, only time will tell). Even though Nobex has an option to play through Bluetooth, maybe it is a different signal that what is required by the VM-605 device in order to play as an FM channel. 

Has anyone else tried these 2 programs before? 

Message Edited by RCNA on 07-09-2009 03:40 PM
Elite I
jmrmb80

Sorry, never used either of those 2 programs. At least you're narrowed down to where the problem is.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I don't have Nobex installed on my phone, but I do have Viigo.  I'll give it a shot next time I'm in the car and will let you know.

(Like you, I'm also in Canada, too bad we don't get Pandora - seems like it'd be really cool!)

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

cohfam5
My Device: Curve 8330

I just received the vm-605 and it works great.  Is there a way to get it to announce the incoming callers name attached to the phone number as opposed to just the phone number?  I have a curve 8330.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is number only at this time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V