Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
dfmalh
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 Review

Hi Krypto, thank you for the detailed reply, this really helped a lot!

Another question now... :smileyhappy:

• So if the VM-605 is disconnected from the car FM system and it will go through the speaker, how do I make it go through the FM system? What I mean is, if I previously set it up that way, can I just press the FM button before answering the call, and it will then go through the car's FM system rather than the speaker? or will one typically answer the call, which would then go through the speaker, and then transfer it the the car FM system?

Last question (I hope :smileywink:):

• The car charger that comes with VM-605, is that the same one that plugs into the Bold 9700? The charger is smaller that the "old Bold"...

Thanks for the help.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dfmalh wrote:

Hi Krypto, thank you for the detailed reply, this really helped a lot!

Another question now... :smileyhappy:

• So if the VM-605 is disconnected from the car FM system and it will go through the speaker, how do I make it go through the FM system? Press the FM key What I mean is, if I previously set it up that way, can I just press the FM button before answering the call, and it will then go through the car's FM system rather than the speaker? If you are quick or will one typically answer the call, which would then go through the speaker, and then transfer it the the car FM system? I would answer it first.

It would just be easier to play music through it or loop a silent MP3 if music is not your thing.

Last question (I hope :smileywink:):

• The car charger that comes with VM-605, is that the same one that plugs into the Bold 9700? The charger is smaller that the "old Bold"... The charger is a Micro USB like the 9700. 

Thanks for the help.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi again,

1. You can do it either way... Either by pressing FM first, or once you have answered the call. The catch if you do it after is that it will state the frequency which means you'll miss a second of the conversation. Or again, you may just do like me and skip that step altogether as it isn't required. You don't need to go through the car's stereo. You will find out what you prefer once you get it.

2. Correct, the car charger is the same as the one for the Bold 9700 (microUSB).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
dfmalh

Hi Krypto and Knottyrope, 

Thanks for answering all my questions. This really helped me a lot.

Ahhh, questions... Can you tell me about the clip at the back of the VM-605, a lot of people (on the "net") says that it is not very strong/robust... Is this the case? If I remove it overnight and put it back in the morning, would it wear out rapidly?

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Elite I
Krypto

The only problem with the clip is that it can fall out, but it's easy enough to put it back into the speakerphone.  It's metal, so it's durable enough.  The reason it falls out is because the holes that the clip attach to could be longer.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
dfmalh

Hi Krypto,

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Elite I
Krypto

No problem!

Contributor
ndottech
My Device: 8520

Its really good. 

Contributor
Gtelware
My Device: Bold 9900

It is really a nice device for blackberry phones.

New Contributor
lara_19800
My Device: 2013

It is apparently going to retail stores sometime this month, so I'd suggest checking in store and on their (e.g. BestBuy) website.  I know that a Future Shop buyer in Canada was hoping to get them in sometime this month, and since Future Shop is owned by Best Buy here in Canada, I think it's safe to say it'll also be coming sooner rather than later, even in the US.