Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Shenners
My Device: Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9900 and Audi Bluetooth Handsfree

I know there have been other posts about this here but my problem doesn't seem to apply.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 and a brand new Audi A4 with the MMI Navigation System Plus.  I am attempting to pair my blackberry via bluetooth to the car.  THis all goes fine.  They see eachother.  They bond both as handsfree and as audio player and to a certain extent they work.  

I can play music from the Blackberry audio player through the stereo.  All the contacts on my phone are copied through to the car under the directory.  

However, if I try to call one of these numbers using the car controls I get a message saying 'Your phone does not support this function'.  Basically, I can't call a single number dialled or selected from contacts using the car controls.  If I dial up a number using the handset then the call connects, I can speak and hear using the car system and all is well but I have to completely control the call through the handset rather than through the car which, as far as I'm concerned, isn't a handsfree system.

All the posts on this forum seem to be about rSAP which I don't think is something that I have in my car.  I'm just looking for a standard handsfree bluetooth system which I have achieved on a number of different hired vehicles using this phone.

Any advice would be amazingly useful as this is really frustrating.

Please use plain text.
ambernaqvi
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 and Audi Bluetooth Handsfree

I have the same problem but my 9900 worked perfectly with my Audi MMI until a couple of weeks ago. Cant make calls nor receive them via car controls. Something has changed with BB recently???? Please help urgently.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delarosae
My Carrier: T-Mobil

Hello to everyone: I am having a similar problem. The media portion seems to pair fine but the handsfree cannot. I have deleted paired phones and started from scratch but it will not work. I need to be able to pair my device in case I need to make/receive important calls. This started happening as soon as I had a desktop software update. Every other minor issue that I had with my phone was resolved and now a new one. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
ramyashake
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vODAFONE

Many people seem to have this problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delarosae

Hello and thank you for posting your comment. Would you have a solution for this problem? There are many of us that need our BB to be able to ne paired to the handset device and it amazes me that with all the tricks of the trade, I have not been able to find a solution.

We all BB users rely on our phones! If anyone out there in this forum can give us some clues as to how to do fix this ongoing problem, let us know. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delarosae

Hello everyone. After one month from my posting a coment I finally decided to go to the Lexus dealer and see what was wrong with the handsfree pairing of my phone. Here are the results which worked on my Bold 9900 and I do hope it will work for all of you.
1- Delete all the names that you have used to pair your phone. This should be a prompt command given by your car handsfree system.
2.- Delete the Car M media from your BB (on the Bloothooth connection setting)
3.- Remove your battery inside your car (yes, believe it or not doing the battery pull inside the car gives you a clean start to your device and your car handsfree setting)
4.- Once all of these steps have been taken you may re-start a fresh pairing of your device.
Mine worked like a charm. Both handsfree and Car M Media.
Now, 5 minutes later it dropped. Went for an errand and after that no problems.
I hope this will give you all some forms of a solution. However, I was told that if the lack of pairing starts to fail again that I would have to take my car in for further inspection. I was also told that the pairing of BB is much more complex than an I-phone and or Androids however not impossible.
I wish you all good luck and if this solution works please post it for other members of the community to see and/or any other solutions that your car dealer/ friends might have given you.
Please use plain text.