Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
eaton18spd
My Device: Torch 9800 Playbook

Blackberry wireless keyboard Will not turn on or charge

I Purchased a new blackberry wireless keyboard and it has stopped working. It is less than a week old. When I first got it the first thing I did was to plug it in and let it fully charge. I have used it for 4 days and not it will not turn on now. I thought maybe the battery had just died so I plugged it in to let it charge up, well after several hours of charging I tried to use it and it still will not turn on. The light on the switch will not light up when turned on or charging. I am using the charger that comes with the playbook and I tried another charger and it still will not charge. I am wondering How I can get this repaired or replaced since the store I bought it from does not accept returns for RIM products. I called 18772552377 which was suggested in another thread but I am unsure of which options to choose or if that is even the correct number to call.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry wireless keyboard Will not turn on or charge

Where did you buy it? I've never heard of any retail outlet that doesn't accept returns after four days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eaton18spd

I purchased it from costcentral.com. I havnt tried contacting them yet but it says on their website that they do not take returns from several manufacturers, not just rim. They had a super sale on the keyboards and I bought 2 of them. One is still working great.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm going to be honest here. This is one area where RIM does not do a good job at all. There is no support channel for accessories. Usually the warranty is handled by the store that sold the item. The exception is the Playbook where they do offer direct support options that are not pay-per-incident.

I would contact Costcentral and see what they say. See if you can get them to give you the information for warranty support from RIM. To be frank, though, I would never have purchased something from a retailer with no DOA support for an item they sell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

As far as what might be wrong with it, my guess is that either the battery is no good or the USB port is damaged and won't accept a charge. It might be possible to repair it...just depends on how good you are at the type of thing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eaton18spd

I doubt it would be the usb port since it has only been plugged in 1 time prior to failure. I would have to say the battery is no good. I will try contacting costcentral and see what they say

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Look closely at the usb port with a magnifying glass. I've seen them defective before...not necessarily on the keyboards but on other devices. Have you tried a different charger on it?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

eaton18spd wrote:

I Purchased a new blackberry wireless keyboard and it has stopped working. It is less than a week old. When I first got it the first thing I did was to plug it in and let it fully charge. I have used it for 4 days and not it will not turn on now. I thought maybe the battery had just died so I plugged it in to let it charge up, well after several hours of charging I tried to use it and it still will not turn on. The light on the switch will not light up when turned on or charging. I am using the charger that comes with the playbook and I tried another charger and it still will not charge. I am wondering How I can get this repaired or replaced since the store I bought it from does not accept returns for RIM products. I called 18772552377 which was suggested in another thread but I am unsure of which options to choose or if that is even the correct number to call.

Please check your private messages on this forum.  I sent you another suggestion.

John

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eaton18spd

Thank you, I did get that. It is a tempting option. I emailed costcentral and im waiting for their reply. If they cant help me then I might take your suggestion

Please use plain text.