Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
IAC1
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Problem with Mercedes Comand

Hi,

I have all of a sudden the problem that as soon as I start my car and turn on the radio my Bold as normal connects to the mercdes benz command radio but as soon as the connection is established the Radio is turned of . If I browse to the telephone section of the command I can see the screen but can not dial any numbers etc. all I am allowed to do is turn the microphone off or on. IT seems that the system thinks I am already in a call but can not leave it. As soon as I turn the Bluetooth off on my bolt the radio come on again? I reset the whole system now twice and paired the phone with command from the start again and get always to the same problem.

Any idea since funny enough I can make a call using command but need to dial the number from my bold to do so?

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Bluetooth Problem with Mercedes Comand

hmm. not really sure. try contacting @BlackBerryHelp on twitter!
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IAC1

Hi. Problem is solved. Funny enaough all I did in the end was taking out the battery of my phone and once I started againissue with Mercedes Command was solved. So not sure what triggered the problem in the firts place but I am glad its done now.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IAC1

Hi, all is ok again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TFMalbany
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I had exactly the same problem and reset my battery also.  Now a week later the same issue has come back. I wonder if it is a Blackberry issue or a Mercedes issue since they have both worked fine until this suddenly started.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IAC1

Hi,

luckily so far the problem never occurred again so battery in/out still worked for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TFMalbany

I checked with the COMAND expert at the Mercedes dealership and he said it is quite common for this to happen, but only with Blackberries.  Some of them go a year before they act up and stay fixed for months at a time.  Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.  Have Version 7.1 on my 9900; maybe that is the problem.  It certainly doesn't appear to be the Mercedes'.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
getabecha
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: AT & T

I continue to have the problem even after the hard reset. When will Blackberry wake up and give us a solution???????
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TFMalbany

There is a lot of finger pointing from what I can tell.  I have heard other Mercedes users complain about the COMAND acting up with Blackberries,  but if you ask Mercedes they say it is all RIM's fault.  My phone acted up twice within 3 weeks, but has been OK since.  The hard reset worked both times.  There might be an update to COMAND and the Blackberry version I have is 7.0.  Maybe the next RIM update will fix it, but they haven't admitted there is a problem yet to fix.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
getabecha
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: AT & T

Thanks TFMalbany. Will look for their updates or patch.

Please use plain text.