Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Contributor
phoneguy427
My Device: 9800 Torch and 64g Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Bluetooth mouse

Hello everyone, does anybody have a list of compatible mice for the playbook. I purchased a Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000, it will pair and connect but nothing happens, no curser or anything.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Bluetooth mouse

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phoneguy427

Thanks for the reply, I followed all the steps. It connects fine, just doesn't work. I have found a few posts saying this particular mouse does not work so I am trying to find out which ones will so I can return this one and get one that works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phoneguy427

Ok, found the right mouse. Logitech v470. Works great.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

I have been experimenting with BT peripherals and i"m finding some very odd behavior. But first the good news
- Scrolling works great
- cool to see a mouse on the screen. I can type and correct efficiently now.

1) cannot use mouse to select emails in Bridge
2) cannot use mouse to click on reply-forward
3) No way to change from email to web to Doc's to go without swiping (unless someone can tell me how!)
4) Cannot use keyboard shortcuts for copy paste to other apps (works in browser ok)
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

@phoneguy427: I have found that the Apple wireless magic mouse works (and is very portable).

@mleckman: for item No. 3 on your list, try right-clicking on the edge of the screen where you would swipe from if doing a touchscreen gesture.

It seems to me that mouse support is a work in progress. I also have no luck with the message app. Also can't seem to scroll in, well, any app.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve

thanks for the response. Tried your trick and it works for the screen tabbing. As for scrolling, I find that it works in docs/sheets to go and web only, no other app at this time

Please use plain text.
Contributor
morbium
My Device: Torch 9800

I just received my Microsoft 5000, fully expecting it to work with the PlayBook, as I had already purchased the keyboard,  and it works great.

Same issue, the PlayBook  recognizes the mouse, but no cursor, operation, anything.  I'm wondering (and hoping) that RIM is fixing this soon, as their SHOULD be compatibility.  This is the second mouse I've purchased and will have to return.  

I wish to know if this is going be addressed with PlayBook OS 2.0

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@morbium
the Microsoft 5000 is only compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/7) and MacOS X as seen on its webpage: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000#details

it is not compatible with any tablet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ztheged
My Device: Blackberry Playbook & Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

I have the same mouse, been using it happily for a year now with my laptop, and was rather disappointed that it does not work with the PB... I fail to understand why, since this ought to be a common bluetooth technology. Anyhow, let's hope the problem gets a fix at some point in the future.
Please use plain text.