Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Re: Bluetooth not connecting with my Bluetooth stereo device

I sure hope it comes soon. It's a pretty big gap, in my opinion..
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

Man, it really would be nice if RIM could provide any answers here. I don't mind buying a PlayBook knowing that features will arrive within X weeks or months, but the fact that there's no communication from the company on something as BASIC as A2DP that every bluetooth device on the planet seems to support leaves me empty-handed. I'm not buying a PlayBook until I have answers, or until a next-generation iPad is confirmed. It's going to be you or them, RIM, I'm pretty tired of supporting a company that doesn't listen to me.

Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr

Could someone from RIM just step in here and confirm that A2DP is being worked on? Thanks!
New Contributor
Phenorme
My Device: Torch, PlayBook

I agree totally with supraking. All this update on playbook tht bb release was good but they have to at least update on the bluetooh as all tablet include ipad are compatible with most stereo bluetooth headset. Wht is so hard to have tht feature update on their next playbook patch. I just don't get it. This playbook so far is a let down to all bb playbook user
Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr

Uhm.. I wouldn't go there. The playbook is not a "let down" to me and I've had mine since the release date.

Am I dissappointed there is no A2DP support yet? Sure I am.. But I love the device over all..
Morganplus4
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I am very hard of hearing and use a Nokia Bluetooth Loopset LP-5 which works fine with my Blackberry Bold . It uses Blutooth Profiles A2DP , HFP  and HSP. It is frustrating to find that none of these are supported on the Playbook .

Has there yet been any official line from RIM as to when these bluetooth profiles will be available on the Playbook?

Will it simply be a case of downloading an update to the operating system ?  

Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

We're now a week from DevCon and still no word on this. I'm sincerely hoping this is included in 2.0. Still waiting to buy my PB........ RIM probably should have kept a couple of the 2,000 people they fired on hand to help with these minor feature requests/bug fixes.

Contributor
morbium
My Device: Torch 9800

I really hope this is one of the many features coming to PlayBook 2.0, I want to not just connect it to my BlackBerry Stereo Gateway, but I hope that they announce and release as fast as possible  the BlackBerry Cyclone.

I want the full range of functions that Apple Airplay offers, would be nice in conjuction with the BlackBerry Video or BlackBerry movies they have promised as well.

http://bit.ly/rka8LL

New Contributor
LeanneL
My Device: Torch 9860 & 32gb Playbook

It does work with the new 2.0.....