Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: 02

Bold 9000 + Etymotic hf2 head set = acoustic feedback????

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

got an acoustic feedback in my headset. 

Any Ideas?

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9000 + Etymox hf2 head set = acoustic feedback????

I've never heard of the 

Etymox hf2 head set

And google brings up no product like this. Perhaps you should try the manufacturer of the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: 02

yeah, you are right...Etymotic....and I contacted them but still wait for an answer...

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

For an MSRP of $180.00 I would hope they answer you promptly.

I only have one wired headset and that a cheap one to boot.  I don't understand how with the design of the ear buds you could develop a true acoustic  feedback loop.

I searched and found a wiki on the dynamics involved in acoustic feedback (google is so good) and the "loudspeaker" , the earbuds in this case,  and the device don't allow as near as I can tell for an acoustic feedback to develop.  This of course being the audio version so to speak of setting two mirrors and looking in and seeing what appears to be an infinite number of reflections.

The microphone to loudspeaker set up and proximity simply are not there.

Harmonic feedback is even more difficult to establish but is fun to play with, the classic example of getting crystal wine glasses to sing to each other, but that is for another forum altogether..

Perhaps it is not so much true acoustic feedback as a blown transducer in the earbud which should of course be covered by the two year warranty..

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!