Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

Charging pod questions.

I own the charging pod for my 8900, and would Like to know if it is safe to use the AC folding blade charger to power the pod with my device in it (to charge the device) while also having the micro USB cable attached to the device and my PC (for data transfer).

Secondly, Is it safe to use the micro USB cable to power the pod to charge my device via USB on my PC?

I cannot recall where I read it or exactly what was stated, but I remember reading something about not using USB with the pod.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Charging pod questions.

Really? Nobody here knows? Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Charging pod questions.

Tijaiha wrote:

I own the charging pod for my 8900, and would Like to know if it is safe to use the AC folding blade charger to power the pod with my device in it (to charge the device) while also having the micro USB cable attached to the device and my PC (for data transfer).

yes, it is safe.

Tijaiha wrote:

Secondly, Is it safe to use the micro USB cable to power the pod to charge my device via USB on my PC?

yes, it is safe.

Tijaiha wrote:

I cannot recall where I read it or exactly what was stated, but I remember reading something about not using USB with the pod.

I donot know what you read. The true fact is that if you plug your charging pod to the USB port of a PC, then:

• depending on the current delivered, you may or may not be able to charge your device (to know, just try)
  • the charging pod will only be a charging pod. No data synchronization will be possible with the USB cable plugged to the pod and not to the device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: