Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
bb-torch-1967
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Movistar

Compatibility with hands-free bluetooth in a Volvo

I have tried to connect my Blackberry Torch to my hands-free device in my car through bluetooth but it not possible. It seems to connect for a couple of minutes (even starts to syncronize the agenda) but suddenly it appears a message sayint the conexion has been lost.

I have tried several things (make the blackberry listen to the device car, delete all the contacts in my agenda, ...).

I am able to connect my blackberry to other bluetooth devices and I am able to connect my car dvices to other phones, but I can't connect both together. I ahve talked to the Volvo dealer and they told me there is a compatibility issue when using a SIM dual card, but they are not able to solve it

Can anyone help me? I am quite desperate with that

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bb-torch-1967

Re: Compatibility with hands-free Bluetooth in a Volvo

bb-torch-1967 wrote:

I have tried to connect my Blackberry Torch to my hands-free device in my car through bluetooth but it not possible. It seems to connect for a couple of minutes (even starts to syncronize the agenda) but suddenly it appears a message sayint the conexion has been lost.

I have tried several things (make the blackberry listen to the device car, delete all the contacts in my agenda, ...).

I am able to connect my blackberry to other bluetooth devices and I am able to connect my car dvices to other phones, but I can't connect both together. I ahve talked to the Volvo dealer and they told me there is a compatibility issue when using a SIM dual card, but they are not able to solve it

Can anyone help me? I am quite desperate with that

Thanks in advance

Any help on this? I still have this issue and it is really annoying

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Compatibility with hands-free bluetooth in a Volvo

did you select trust connection on first pairing?

maybe delete current pairing and set it again and make sure you trust it upon setup

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bb-torch-1967

Re: Compatibility with hands-free Bluetooth in a Volvo

Yes, thanks. I tried this and I think I have tried everything possible.

I have talking several times to the Volvo Dealer and they told me it is a problem with all the Blackberry having a twin SIM card. Even them are not able to give me a solution. 

Here is a list of some of the things I tried:

- upgrade the Blackberry (now it is 6.0 Bundle 695)

- upgrade the Volvo hands-free software

-  delete all the contacts

- make the BB "find" the handsfree device and make BB "listen" to the device

- change the name of my Blackberry

- tried the different options in the Bluetooth menu

I had the same problem with a Blackberry Bold. I tried with other phones and the handsfree works nicely

Any help will be very much appreciated. After more than a year being able to use my hands-free device, I am quite desperate

Thanks and regards

I have also tried

Please use plain text.