Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
TMC-TheDude
My Device: None

HS-500 - on/off switch issue?

Hi,

I am a new owner of the BlackBerry HS-500 headset. I have been using it over the past few days to connect up to my PS3 and Bold 9700 at the same time (as the device is advertised to be able to sync with more than 1 device at the same time), and while i can get either one or the other to work, i can't have them both running at the same time. From what i read this is to do with the functions of the headset that are being utilized and are nessasary to both my PS3 and BB, but cannot be used by both together.  I'm slightly irritated that they can't both work together, and nowhere in the tiny 1 page instruciton manual does it state that two devices wouldn't be able to have input/output together.I just wanted to point this out so anyone else looking to purchase this headset gets a chance to know the facts before they buy.

Anyway, the main reason i'm posting here is because of an issue i have encountered with the on/off switch on the bottom of the headset. Basically, no matter which way i have the switch positioned the headset still functions EXACTLY the same! Is that normal? It's almost like the on/off switch is just there for show and wasn't meant to really do anything! I have been through the product manual, but i can't find anything relating to my problem, and to be honest it doesn't seem to give much detail about the device anyway.

I'd be very grateful if any other owners of this device or any technical support could let me know if this is normal for this device or if this is a faulty device on my part.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: HS-500 - on/off switch issue?

on the headset there are two controls :

a button that clicks

a switch with two positions : on / off.

both controls work fine on my device. If your switch does not work I suggest you have the device changed.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
rachelw849
My Device: 8300

I have the same problem with the swtich not turning off its on all the time. It used to turn off for the first few weeks I had it but not any more. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TMC-TheDude
My Device: None

I gave up with trying to find a fix for mine

Ended up returning it and buying a Jawbone instead. Have had no problems at all with it.

Hope you find a fix

Please use plain text.