Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
Jward4507
My Device: Not Specified

HS-500

I eagerly await the release of the HS-500. I certainly hope that it fixes the annoying feature of the alerts received and not getting them
through my Bluetooth. If I make the choice of wearing a Bluetooth, than that should be the default speaker. All sounds should come thru
that.

It is dangerous when sitting on a stakeout and my phone go off notifying me of a text message or e-mail. Many times that text
message is related to what I am doing.

Myself and many others in the public safety field fell that all sounds should automatically go to the bluetooth without any interaction on
our part.

Does anyone know if the headset will allow it? 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HS-500

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

The HS-500 is available for purchase now...

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_d...

And it does give notifications to the earpiece.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Jward4507
My Device: Not Specified

Do yuo know what kind of ear piece is used. Can it be used without the loop?  I can't find ay pictures of the back of this think. Thanks
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

There are extra rubber pieces that should enable to hold it in the outer ear so you can use it with out the loop.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Jward4507 wrote:
Do yuo know what kind of ear piece is used. Can it be used without the loop?  I can't find ay pictures of the back of this think. Thanks

Yes, it can be used without the loop... sorta loose in the ear with the loop, but your ear construciton might be different than mine.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

since I am wearing glasses, I find the loop not practical (takes more than 2s to wear it !). So I use the little thingies that make the HS-500 stay in my ear even if I walk fast. It feels awkward because it feels like it's going to fall, but it never did (yet). I haven't tried running with it yet.

what is great with the HS-500 is that you can listen to music & video even if they are in Stereo.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Xandrex wrote:
since I am wearing glasses, I find the loop not practical (takes more than 2s to wear it !). So I use the little thingies that make the HS-500 stay in my ear even if I walk fast. It feels awkward because it feels like it's going to fall, but it never did (yet). I haven't tried running with it yet.

what is great with the HS-500 is that you can listen to music & video even if they are in Stereo.

Just FYI

I wear extremely thin frames on my glasses and I haven't had any problems with the loop.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter