Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
biggzjm
My Device: Not Specified

Headphone problem

I have a problem,
The headphones that came with my BB 8120 were working good until today, When i make calls or answer calls there is this thumbing sound (like its switching between the headphones & the phones headpiece) , and the volume meter on the phone moves up and down.
The weird thing is that wen I am listening to music on it, it works perfect..
Can someone tell me whats the problem?
Thanks very much
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Headphone problem

Have you tried with soft reset (pulling the battery out for 30sec)? Or try with other handsfree to see whether those work well or not?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
biggzjm

yes i did a soft reset a number of times but the smae issue............no i havent dont have access to another handsfree set at the moment
Regular Contributor
arej00dazed

this might sound stupid, but it actually happens more often than not, but are you sure the headset is plugged into the phone completely? I've noticed on mine and heard of others where it seems like its plugged in all the way but its really not cause of how tight the connection is
New Contributor
biggzjm

i have pushed it all the way in dats not the problem
Sw1v3l
My Device: Pearl 8120

Hey, were you ever able to resolve your issue?  My phone is now doing exactly what you describe, almost like the headset isn't quite making contact on the inside, and I can't find any information about the problem.  I'm thinking a hardware issue, but I don't know.
New Contributor
biggzjm

nah I havent solved it, I have given up for now and no one seem to know how to resolve it...........I am tinkin it soem issue wid the headfones themselves
New Contributor
chococat911
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8100

I heard that it might be an issue with the Ohms needed to start the headphones... Like there's not enough energy to lift them... I guess that's the issue I'm having... I plug my headphones (all the way in... it sounds like the phone is switching to headset cuz the Voice Dialing pops up but then this little sound comes again like a faint 'click' and when I try to play music the sound will only come out from the phone itself... not from the headphones.

I just updated my OS to the 4.5 version and the headphones I'm using are regular wired headphones which were working just fine before I updated...

The more we stay the same, the more they seem to change.
Visitor

[ Edited ]

I have a similar problem with the Blackberry Curve 8320 (tmobile).  After having the phone connected to a lineout it stopped making and receiving phone calls. The sound meter jumps up and down as the audio goes on and off like a switch.  This problem only occurs during phone calls.  I am able to listen to audio via the handset or through the speakerphone so long as it is not a phone call. All other features on the phone work fine. I also occasionally get voice dialing hangs. 

Troubleshooting steps I've tried:

2. Soft reset, device wipe and multiple resets using the desktop manager--removing everything that is on it. Currently running v.4.5 os.

3. Tried using a bluetooth headset but the same problem occurs, audio goes in and out, and the bluetooth seems to rapidly connect and disconnect each time the audio goes on and off.

4. Plugging in a lineout and playing audio and disconnecting. Plugging in a lineout, playing audio, and trying to make a phone call.

5. Activated voice dialing. 

6. Microphone software will not pickup any audio, it goes on/off as well. 

7. SIM card works with other phone

8. Audio from video recorder records chirps and bits of actual audio.

So handset speaker and speakerphone hardware work fine. Bluetooth headset has no effect on the problem, phone call audio still goes in and out. My thought is it's a software problem or defective microphone.  Any ideas!?!?! Please help.

Message Edited by abe223 on 08-25-2009 09:10 PM
Visitor
mmmmpie

I've been having this exact same problem, started last week suddenly.  Tried pretty much everything you have to try to fix it.  Can't find any other posts on this forum with a similar issue/resolution.  Have you had any more luck since? 

Also, for my, when I plug in headphones, it automatically starts voice dialing. 

I'm going nuts with this because it's ONLY phone calls! HELP!