Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

sschwan911
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Headphone problem 9700 Bold

I have been searching all the forums and google for months..... sadly I was using 'pulsating' as the key word, THANK GOODNESS I stumbled across this thread. My 9700 is useless when this happens, and dang it is frustrating. The rapid insertion of a jack eventually (maybe 8 tries) cured it. This reoccurs approximately once a week. I was afraid to call support cuz I cant afford to send the phone in for repairs, and I was sure 'they' would blame it on an app I installed etc....

This thread was so very helpful, I just want to add a few extra search words so others may find it.

Pulse, pulsate, pulsating, oscillate, oscillating, cut out, cut-out, cutout, "cutting in and out".

Good luck, and thanks again!

Steve

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bblearner
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: KPN The Netherlands

Re: Headphone problem

my girlfriend had the same problem.

updating the device to latest OS version did not help.

thanks to the previous post and tips(i didn't even realize that the icon changed from headphone to phone continously!!)

it has something to do with the jacks inside the motherboard.

probably it got stuck or something so it ended up in the loop searching for headphone and speaker phone

I have just solved the problem by doing the following:

1) make a phone call with the headphone connected (you will see the headphone Icon)

2) while in calls, activate speaker phone, maintain the phone connection (you should be able to make conversation with the 9700's speakerphone)

3) unplug the headphone jack.

4) talk a couple of seconds on the phone

5) hang up the phone

6) try to make a phone call, without headphone

Hope this help you guys out.

TIP: instead of using jacks, I use the bluetooth to my car (A2dp) or other bluetooh headphones or other media device :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bblearner

my girlfriend had the same problem.

updating the device to latest OS version did not help.

thanks to the previous post and tips(i didn't even realize that the icon changed from headphone to phone continously!!)

it has something to do with the jacks inside the motherboard.

probably it got stuck or something so it ended up in the loop searching for headphone and speaker phone

I have just solved the problem by doing the following:

1) make a phone call with the headphone connected (you will see the headphone Icon)

2) while in calls, activate speaker phone, maintain the phone connection (you should be able to make conversation with the 9700's speakerphone)

3) unplug the headphone jack.

4) talk a couple of seconds on the phone

5) hang up the phone

6) try to make a phone call, without headphone

Hope this help you guys out.

TIP: instead of using jacks, I use the bluetooth to my car (A2dp) or other bluetooh headphones or other media device :-)

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

If it continues after inserting the headphone jack multiple times or trying the method you mention then you'll need to get the device replaced. Its definitely a hardware problem, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bblearner

I concurred John. But my experience as Support Engineer at LG Mobile makes me want to try everything before I actually sent it for repair, cos I can't afford losing my blackberry, not until I get a new one so I can use the old one for back up :mantongue:

Please use plain text.
lupo_david
My Device: Not Specified

Hi there,

I have the same problem and haven't used a headphone before today. I just happened. I tried all the solutions posted and non of them worked. Does anyone know a different way for solving it? Now I am using headphones as is the unique way a can call...

Thanks, David.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You'll need to get the device replaced if none of the solutions work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Keralihr
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Almost tHree years later and the same problem still occurs on newer versions of Blackberry! 

What is RIM doing about this? It is obviously a hardware problem with the headset jack. Some component seems to short-circuit within the jack. Surely this must be easy to sort out - find another supplier for the jack !!

From a frustrated Bold 9700 owner!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I only had 1 report of this issue from all of my users. this user did however keep it in his pants and there was so much lint built up, I had to use some canned air to blast it out and insert the connector about 30 times to get it to work again.

I am not saying this is your issue, but it could be part of it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
josefat1
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

I have the same issue with my BB 9700. It is definitely a hardware issue with the phone, not a headphone problem. Pain in the butt to fix.
Please use plain text.