Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Community Manager (Retired)
MichelleK
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Introducing BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605

[ Edited ]

The BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605 lets you enjoy your calls and your favorite music from your BlackBerry® smartphone with the convenience and sound quality of your car’s FM stereo system.With noise cancelation and echo reduction technology, you just clip it onto your car’s visor, pair it with your BlackBerry smartphone, and you’re ready to start making and taking clear, hands-free calls on the go. Just say the name of the person you want to call. And because the speakerphone supports the voice activated dialing feature on your BlackBerry smartphone, the number is instantly dialed for you so you don’t have to. And the moment a call arrives, you receive audible notification, while the caller’s ID number is displayed on supported car audio system LCDs, so you know who’s calling even before you answer the call. Even more, this driver-friendly speakerphone can provide turn-by-turn navigation commands and instructions as your music continues to play in the background, so you stay entertained while you get to where you need to be. And with lots of options, such as call answer, end, mute, transfer and last call redial, you can have full control over them all simply with the press of a button.

Message Edited by MichelleK on 06-08-2009 11:55 AM
<

-mk

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Introducing BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605

The device is sold on the official BlackBerry Accessory Shop :

http://www.shopblackberry.com/us/visor_info

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

excellent review michelle!!

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
gurn1427
My Device: Not Specified

i'm after a visor mounted bluetooth speakerphone for the car. is this device compatible with a nokia phone with bluetooth v2.0?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It works fine on getting calls and playing music on my Samsung a637 Chicklet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve3sy

Re: Issues with Voice Dialing with the VM-605 speaker phone

[ Edited ]

I have a BB BOLD and just aquired the VM-605 but have been unable to get the 605 to even remotely reliably recognize voice dialing commands.

The 605 was fully charged however numerous issues make it impossible to use.

This unit was purchased as a gift and is being used with a Bold 9000 with current Rogers firmware.   I have also tried this speakerphone with my own Bold 9000 and experience identical issues listed below. 

1)     The Voice Dialling feature cannot be made to work more than 10% of the time.  I have tried all sensitivity levels in the BOLD’s Voice Dialling setup menu and it either does not detect voice or makes totally incorrect guesses that are not even remotely close.   I have tried speaking various distances and at various voice levels to no avail.   Tests have been made both in a vehicle and in a quiet room.   Both BOLD devices recognize 100% of voice dialling requests when made direct with the Blackberry device.

2)     The Bluetooth automatic connect fails more times than it connects requiring manual intervention.

All tests were done with the device fully charged and with the BB device within 1 metre of the VM-605

BTW I have been led in circles with ShopBlackberry.com and to-date  have been unable to talk to anyone with them or RIM to resolve this issue.

Is anyone else experiecing similar issues or have a suggested fix?

Paul C

Baden, ON, Canada

UPDATE: I manually placed a call and am finding the mic level from the 605 to the Bold is very low so it appears to be microphone or level issue.  I can find no documentation on adjusting Mic level so returning the unit appears to be the only option.
Message Edited by ve3sy on 09-30-2009 09:52 AM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

It sounds to me like you're either having a problem with a bluetooth connection or there is something wrong with the Visor Mount Speakerphone.  Are you able to connect any other bluetooth devices to your Bold and get them to work successfully?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve3sy

No problmems connecting with my TomTom GPS.  The Voice Dialling issue with Visor speaker-phone appears to be low microphone volume as callers are barely able to hear me unless I speak directly into the unit.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

If that's the case, it seems to me that you've tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps and it would seem that an exchange and replacement is the only alternative.

I'll see if I can track down a different contact method for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

I'm in the process of trying to figure something out for you.  Can you confirm that you did buy the VM-605 from the ShopBlackBerry.com website?  I'm guessing from your post that's where you got it from, but I just need to confirm it.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.