Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
ve3sy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with Voice Dialing with the VM-605 speaker phone

[ Edited ]

The RIM Order Number was [removed personal information]   Customer reference number [removed personal information]

Hope this helps

Paul Cassel

PS:

This was purchased as a gift for my Sister so the Ship To was Blanche Cassel in Cambridge, ON

Message Edited by dany_s on 10-02-2009 05:48 PM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

That info is perfect.  I've got someone working on this internally for you.  You'll either be contacted by them, or if I get any additional info, I'll post it.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi ve3sy,

I sent you a message with contact information for shopblackberry.com to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, and if you have any further questions on this, please let us know.

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve3sy

Thanks Brodie however I'm unsure where you may have sent the contact information as nothing has arrived.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

ve3sy, try checking in the upper right corner of the forums site.  There should be a link that says you have a message (it's a little email box with the number of Messages listed beside it).  If the box is yellow, you have a new message.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB314

I'm afraid this isn't a problem with the speakerphone you received.  I also purchased the VM-605 and have the exact same problem with voice dialing.  I suspect if you get a replacement you'll experience the same issues. 

The VM-605 is very (and I do mean very) similar to the Jabra SP700.  So much so that I suspect it was made by the same manufacturer.  I purchased that first, and had the exact same problem with voice dial.  So I figured, hey, if I buy a speakerphone from Blackberry to use with my Bold, it would have to work better than the Jabra.  Low and behold, it worked the same, and the VM-605 has additional limitiations - like the FM transmitting shutting off after ONE MINUTE if not taking a call or transmitting audio.  So if you have more than a one minute break between calls, there goes the FM feature.  Further, the Jabra has the USB connection that at least lets you update firmware.

The one feature I like compared to the VM-605 is the fact that when the Jabra searches the FM stations for a clear channel, it gives you both the even and odd stations (93.1, 93.2, etc.) while the VM-605 only does the odd, which matches most US radio tuners.

In any case, I'm stuck.  Neither does what is promised with hands free dialing, so I guess I'll to wait for that cures all firmware fix - and a way to update the VM-605. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Well written Michelle.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
handagith

Mine has the exact same problem - voice dialing doesn't work.  Once I dial someone, the VM picks up my voice just fine.  Any solution to this?  Also, the one minute timeout for FM is a hassle.  I end up leaving my music running to keep it connected to the FM (even if I tune to another station, it seems to stay connected.

My other problem is that when i leave the vehicle (untethering from the VM), it  turns off my ringer, and i can only get it back on by rebooting my bold.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Dan 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB314

OK you braniacs, I've got a good one for you.  This has to do with problems I and others have had with the VM-605.  See my post in this thread on October 4.  Surprisingly, it seems I have discovered a fix for the problem that hands free dialing with the VM-605 and a bberry bold would only work about 10% of the time.  Here it is:

• Use the device as in instructions to place a hands free call
  • At the appropriate time, say Call [any name in your contact file]
  • The VM-605 will come up with a wrong name, saying Do You Mean [some name in your contact file nowhere close to that you requested]
  • Say Delete
  • You will get the response Say a Command
  • Say Call [the name you want]

Amazingly, this time you will get the right name about 90% of the time.

I have no idea why this works, and, yes, it took me, the nerd, a long time to come up with this solution.  It is cumbersome, but until Blackberry recognizes there is a problem and fixes it (which in itself will be challenging, since there is no way to update the firmware on the VM-605) I'll have to use it.  Or go out and buy a bluetooth earpiece and be done with it.

The remaining problem on the VM-605 is the fact that it will stay connected to your FM radio for only one minute if there is no activity with a call or streaming audio from your Blackberry.  I haven't got a clue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harribobs

hi folks

i have recently bought one of these but i managed to lose the numeric key code from my bold ( after a crash) and the leaflet (in my house somewhere)

i thought it was all the zeros but this doesn't work, anyone help please?

chris

Please use plain text.