Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

New Contributor
jroach5
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Introducing BlackBerry® Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605

When using the voice dialing, my VM 605 keeps adding a plus sign in front of the number I want it to call.  I will say "call xxx-xxx-xxxx "and it will say "did you say call plusxxx-xxx-xxxx?"

I have the country code, area code, and national number length all correct in my handheld, but can't seem to keep it from adding the plus sign, can anyone help?  thanks

Please use plain text.
rlestage
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8230 Flip
My Carrier: Telus

Hey Everyone,

So My problem seems to be what a few of you want. I just received the blackberry visor mount for christmas. I've set it up and paired it to my Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230. When a call comes in, it doesn't announce the name or the number. It just does a little ring jingle, and i've tried everything to get it to work. I Can't see in any instructions as to how to make it say who's calling.

Everything else works quite perfect.

Some help would be great

Thanks

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it only tells numbers when receiving a call.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vm-605_disappointed
My Device: vm-605
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issues with Voice Dialing with the VM-605 speaker phone

I have tried the delete fix and it doesn't work for me.  I set it to US english. It seems that the letter S is the biggest problem.

It turns off the radio connection after a minute.

It is now the law for me to use this type of device to prevent accidents.  The opposite would happen if everyone used this one.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Blackberry. How could they.

I have and will continue to advise my clients to stay away from this one. I am switching over to the iphone this year. I've had enough problems with BB and this is the last straw.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vm-605_disappointed
My Device: vm-605
My Carrier: Rogers

How could you give such a positive review to something with so many problems.

The main one being that it does not do what it is made to do; Provide a handsfree interaction with your phone.

The voice dialing is inaccurate 90% of the time. More so if you use a name starting with the letter S.

The connection to your FM radio drops after 60 ceconds of no use. Just answering a call will not turn it back on. You have to manually do it.

It tells you the phone number that is calling you; not the address book entry or the caller id info from your cel service supplier.

This product does NOT do what it is sold to do. And I can't take it back for a refund.

I can't believe the company that sells this; BB is thought to be a major player in the celphone world.

I am so disappointed in you  BB. Now go to your room and stand in the corner to think about what you have done!

MOM

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i dont have any problems with it.

I love the fact I can stream music to my radio and have hands free calling too. I hardly ever listen to the radio and all its ads.

Not every device is perfect and not all will do what you want. Research before you buy.

I admit the caller ID might be nice but I rarely get calls cept from my wife and I know her number.:smileywink:

good luck on iStuff

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
JDH
New Contributor
JDH

My visor mount was already paired with my Pearl.  I just upgraded to a Bold, but can't seem to connect my visor mount with my new handheld.

What do I do?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Please use plain text.
JDH
New Contributor
JDH

I was able to pair my new phone.  Hold down the FM button and the Volume button for a few seconds, and the pairing mode is turned on. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

JDH wrote:

I was able to pair my new phone.  Hold down the FM button and the Volume button for a few seconds, and the pairing mode is turned on. 

Glad to hear you made progress.

Please use plain text.