Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Accessories

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

KnottyRope's BlackBerry Music Gateway review

What is in the box

The packaging was nice, new cube charger, several audio cables to connect to most anything. The USB cable was shorter than the phones cable which is nice since it gets wrapped up in my garage. I didnt like the clear plastic wrap on the charger or device. needed to grab a knife to remove it.

First pairing and use

Pairing was simple on my 9000, 9860 and Playbook. No audio controls with playbook at this time. hopefully with OS 2.1 or BB10 it will be present. After pairing and starting Pandora I was enjoying music all night long. The BT range might be sllightly better than the older Stereo Gateway. there were less interuptions when walking between it and my phone.

Controls

Not many controls to use, press to power on and off. Hold power down to enable BT pairing mode. NFC was not tested since my devices dont have it yet.

Audio quality

I am impressed the quality is as good as the Stereo Gateway. I cant tell the difference between the two. Good deep bass and nie high trebles come through well. Kids love it in the car when they bring their PlayBooks.

Design

Loving the smaller design, smaller foot print and easy to carry when needed. NFC is a nice feature and cant wait to use it once BB10 devices are released. Like the fact it uses the same phone chargers and micro USB port.

So big thumbs up on the Music Gateway over all. RIM, I hope to see you out do yourself again on the next design.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: KnottyRope's BlackBerry Music Gateway review

thanks for the review :smileyhappy:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
perapong2534
My Device: Black Berry 10
My Carrier: Nokia

thanks for the review

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

your welcome

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ndottech
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Good One !! Thanks for the Review !!

Please use plain text.
vinayakags
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: airtel

Dear Sir/Madam
I am very happy to say I'm a very big fan of blackberry and I own a curve 9220. I'm using blackberry from past one year and defenitely it has made my day to day's activities more simpler. I'm not only bussiness oriented but also a very big music lover recently I came to know that blackberry has launched a device long back for music lovers called BlackBerry music gateway. To buy this device I visited blackberry exclusive store which is at (area:indiranagar,city:bangalore,state:karnataka,country:india) but they said they don't know about that device at all and they don't have it in their store. My question is If consumers didn't get the products at exclusive stores then where should the they go to get one ? I'm very much interested to buy one, so please let me know where can I get one.

Regards
Vinayaka G S
Please use plain text.
Developer
ujwalnambiar
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Nice review, looking to buy this one.
--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sankar_S
My Device: None
My Carrier: Aircel

very nice post i want like this one.......

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Amazon.com and ebay list them. there might be more places to get them too

Please use plain text.